Search results

1. S

shutter count

I have searched through the internet and cant find a good shutter count program for windows. Does anyone know of a windows version of a shutter count program for the Canon EOS R?
  2. S

Canon EOS R for Astrophotography

I need some help. I have searched all over the internet to find out some information about how the EOS R handles Astrophotography, but I cant really find any technical information or reviews. I shoot with the 6D and it is still awesome with the night sky. But I wonder if the R handles the...
  3. S

Motorized time-lapse slider - Rookie needs information

Hi, There are many companies out there selling equipment. But a few things you will need are a couple of really steady tripods that have good heads on them. So the weight wont be too much for the ball head. Also the slider itself weighs a lot, so you'll need a good sturdy slider. With that...
  4. S

Has anyone found reviews of the Canon 16-35 f/2.8 L III yet?

Still looking for some reviews and i cant really find any. I just see the old reviews from months ago. Im hoping Dustin Or someoen else has given a new review. Thanks
  5. S

EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USD Pricing

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USD Pricing @ Dustin Abbott Hopefully you already have your Canon 16-35 f/2.8 Mk III ;-) will you be comparing it against the Mk II and Tamron 15-30 f/2.8 ? I love the Tamron but you know the issues around size, weight and no filters can...
  6. S

More Specifications & Images of EOS 5D Mark IV

Thanks CR for piecing all those Rumors together :o ;D ...any Guestimates on what the Pixel size would be for us Astrophotographers:)
  7. S

canon 6D + 70-200 f/2.8L II + 1.4 tc

Hello all, sorry to bring up an old topic but I couldn't find an answer. I'm taking the 6D and 70-200f/2.8L II to the Indy 500 this weekend. I'm thinking about renting a 1.4 III extender to get a little closer. I remember reading that some cameras with lenses will not be able to autofocus. I...
  8. S

Michael Reichmann has passed away age 71

Very sad to see this. That's how I got started in lightroom was with his videos with Jeff. Very entertaining and knowledgeable. I really wanted to go on their 14day tour to Antartica but couldn't afford it. a lost opportunity to meet a great person. RIP Michael.
  9. S

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Coming in June [CR3]

:) :) :) Been waiting for this. I wasnt sure if it would be late this year or next..or if at all. Would be great to have it for Filters. miss that with my Tamron 15-30, which replace the 16-35II. crossing fingers its below $1600...but somehow i doubt it:)
  10. S

Toronto,ON

I think the CN tower is worth the cost of going up to the top. There is a chinatown/asian strip for food nw of the city. It has lots of color. i didnt have my camera with me but its on my list next time. There are lots of boats down at the pier and plenty of Churches with character all over. Its...
  11. S

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Talk [CR1]

Hi CR, Since you are getting a bit more information about the 5D Mk IV... I wonder if there is any new information on the 6D Mk II? The 6D came out about a half year after the 5D Mk III. Should we expect the same to happen in the future? Any sources releasing hints yet? thanks. One thing I...
  12. S

tamron 15-30 2.8 VC usd

I really do like this Tamron 15-30. I didn't even have this in focus and still like it.
  13. S

Ended: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II $1099 (Reg $1449)

Re: Deal: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II $1099 (Reg $1449) Very nice price on this... Could this mean that ( gasp ) the Mk III is about to be announced??? Irix 15mm f/2.4 and the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L III . This is going to be an expensive summer :-)
  14. S

Irix Announces 15mm f/2.4 Lenses for Canon EF

Thanks Keith for posting this. So at least we get a view of what they said it being capable with a high Mp Body. Just as a guess, would you say it is sharper and less CA in the corners as a Tamron 1-30 or Nikon 14-24? maybe you've only had canon WA Lenses? Either way thanks for your post...And...
  15. S

More thoughts I have on this lens. The website is impressive. very interactive. classic and simple. I like the design and the way they show the features when you scroll or click on them. That being said, I try not to get caught up in the WOW factor of advertising. But for a new company Its...
  16. S

which filter kit are you using? Does it have hard and soft grads? and polarizing filters?
  17. S

Very interesting indeed. But I got excited last time when the new Sigma 20mm came out.only to find out about the Coma. Also , if the price point is 800usd. makes me think it wont be good for astro. since it will probably have coma. I really hope this will be a good one! I really love my...
  18. S

Lens broken - Need new 24-70(105mm)

I dropped an old 24-105L on the concrete once :( It made the exact same sound. I sent it in to Canon.. $400 to fix it. worked great after.
  19. S

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II Replacement in the Wild [CR2]

I'm really hoping that this is f/2.8 and non-IS. With the 11-24mm north of $2600, I'm hoping for $1650 but probably will be a range of $1800-2200. Like Jrista, I found a lot of coma at f/2.8 on my 16-35II. I also had the rokinon 14mm. But I found those to be inconsistent. one side of the lens...
  20. S

More Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Talk [CR2]

I cant wait for this lens. I wish it would have stayed the same size but now that I have the mammoth Tamron15-30, I will be accustomed to the large and heavy size ;D . I'm hoping this lens will outperform the Tamron 15-30 and Nikons 14-24. Then ill sell mine and purchase this. as for the...