Search results

1. M

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

I don't usually do BIFs but this is one of my favorites...
  2. M

Canon - Give us 400/5.6L IS NOW!!

I totally agree! I've thought about that lens for a long time, and a new IS version would probably tip the scales for me! As long as the new version didn't take a massive leap in price!
  3. M

If Canon made a " truly ultimate" DSLR body for, say, $10k would you buy it?

Nope! If I had 10K to drop on camera gear (I can dream), than I'd much rather have a great white. At least i know that it wouldn't be replaced in a handful of years like the camera would. Mharwood16
  4. M

External (but not shotgun) Microphone for EOS M

Hi, I know that you said that you didn't want a shotgun, but I have used the Rode videomic Go to great affect on the M. I found that it was the perfect size and weight for the little camera and frankly didn't know that it was there while I was walking around. Beware however, that as this mic...
  5. M

1st Uk football shoot

Great shots! My favorite is #2. Great action. thanks for sharing!
  6. M

100-400mm will not stop down

thanks guys! ill try that when i get a chance.
  7. M

100-400mm will not stop down

Hi all, Ok so my mom has had a canon 100-400mm for several years now. I was playing around with it the other day and noticed something strange. The photos were looking very bright for being around f/16. I check to make sure I was on manuel and that Auto I SO was off on my 70d. The same results...
  8. M

EF mount on Tamron lenses that are designed for APS-C cameras?

Hi all! OK this is strange, My mom just bought a 6d. and coming from a 7d she really liked the Tamron 18-270mm mark I and was disapointed that she couldn't use it on the 6d as its an APS-C lens. So I was looking at it today and saw that the mount indicator was red. Which, in the canon world...
  9. M

50d just died, trip in a week, what should I do?

Hi all! Just to update you all, I literally just walked out of the camera store with a 70d and grip in hand! I'm going to shoot this weekend with it and then see how I like it. If I decide that I don't like it I'll come back and get the 7d. I decided to go with the 70d over the 7d due to the...
  10. M

Ya I'd still like a 5d 2. Got to look into it a little more. From what I saw the 5d 2 and 6d are about $300-500 apart, of course used vs new. I don't have a good general purpose lens like the 24-105:( my next widest lens is a 50mm
  11. M

All good points wickidwombat, thanks What do you all think about a used 5d mark 2? I'd still have a problem with the 10-22 but I think I could make it work. Is if even worth considering the 5d 2?
  12. M

Huh 70d over 7d..?On the specs the 7d seems to be on par or above the 70d. May I ask why you would choose the 70d over the 7d? Is it the newer tech of the 70d?
  13. M

Ya I agree about the IQ. But I really need to stick to a crop body due to my current lens line up( my wide lens is the 10-22mm) But the 6d has been in the back of my mind for a while now and it just so happens that the Canon rebates end on the 7th. It's at least a good time price wise to buy a...
  14. M

Around $1300 would be about right for the budget. Thanks for your help:)
  15. M

Sorry everyone! Didn't relies that this is in the rumors section... My bad :-\
  16. M

Hi all, not really sure where to post this... So I go to gather up all my gear for my first solo wedding job, charged batteries? Check! Clean lenses? Check! Formatted cards and plenty of them? Check! Working 50d? Check... Wait WHAT! The thing wouldn't turn on!:( thinking it was just the battery...
  17. M

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Here's my favorite :)
  18. M

Colorado Spring Football Game

Great shot! It just too bad that the buffs are so bad:(
  19. M

Rally racing tips

Thanks for the replies guys!:)
  20. M

21:9 aspect ratio monitor

Hi all! So I was at Costco the other day and I saw that they had a LG 21:9 ratio 25in computer monitor. I had never seen anything like this before so I did some research and it seems that this kind of monitor is popular with video editors. I was rather interested. So I have a few questions...