Search results

1. S

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

One I really like from a recent snow goose outing . 1DX23767 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  2. S

I had been hearing about a Northern Hawk-Owl for the last few months , not to far from me. Saturday I got up early and made the 3 hour drive and was not disappointed . A16V3848 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  3. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Red-Bellied Woodpecker from a local sanctuary. _D4_7984 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  4. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Look on e-bird . search species maps , set to current year and zoom the map to your location . the species you searched will show up on the map.click the link and zoom the map to your location to see if there are snowies close by. They have already started moving north where I am...
  5. S

After a nap , its time for exersize _D4_7229 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  6. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Caught this guy takin a nap _D4_7174 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  7. S

My first try at a composite. _D4_6387 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  8. S

Sometime everything just works out. this is full frame cropped to 16x9 and actually added a sliver of canvas to the left side to make both sides even. i didnt think i could squeeze he in the frame as close as she was but i got her and the focus was spot on to boot lol 1D4 400mm f5.6L f5.6...
  9. S

Thats a reddish egret and a beauty of a shot !
  10. S

another snowy in flight _D4_5114 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  11. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Love those pelican shots Eldar ! I found another co-operative snowy last weekend _D4_4794 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  12. S

Great eagle shots Jack ! I am still stuck with the 1D4 for now and you are right about the noise past 800iso. I can get usable shots up to iso 3200 if i expose way to the right but it takes a considerable amount of post processing to clean them up. On day i will be able to upgrade but untill...
  13. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Eastern Medowlark from last November, Joe Overstreet road Florida _DIV5288 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  14. S

That was pure luck to get them both sharp like they are. I saw the 2 of them on the corn stalk and fired a short burst just trying to get them both in the frame . I got lucky that the one on the right took flight as i had the button pressed.
  15. S

Speaking of braving the cold , daily average here has been right around -25 for the last 6 days. It really has the Bluejays hitting the feeders more than usual. This is from a back yard setup at my friends house. I couldnt believe that I got this in focus when I saw it on the computer. _DIV0719...
  16. S

I have been extremely lucky this year to have found 7 different snowy owls all within 40 min of my house . they have been very co-operative as models and the light has been fantastic on the last few outings. all shot with a1D markIV and 400 f5.6L _DIV01211 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr _DSC1245...
  17. S

My season for owls is off to a pretty good start. This is the second one I have found within 30 min of my home . _DIV9226 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  18. S

Juvenile blue goose _DIV1705 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  19. S

Show your Bird Portraits

Juvenile snow goose _DIV1381 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
  20. S

Show your Bird Portraits

I had originally tried this at 400mm but couldnt get the whole head in the frame. I ended up using 200mm 7DII5184 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr