Search results

1. Andrew Davies Photography

Printing from a Canon 5Dmk4 via USB advice ?

HI there , been searching for a definitive answer on this and cannot seem to find one, been offered a Canon BJC85 old portable printer with inks for a low price but cannot work out if it will directly connect to the 5dMk4 or if it would need to go via a laptop first , its fairly old so I am...
  2. Andrew Davies Photography

Canon 70-200 F4L IS noisy ?

Hi all and happy new year ! Recently bought myself a 70-200 F4 IS as i love the weight and ability of the 70-200 f4L i used to have and missed it , now i have owned lots of IS lenses but never one of these and am finding that the IS is quite noisy and very obvious compared to my other lenses...
  3. Andrew Davies Photography

Inexpensive lens for Wildlife ?

Hey , this morning and not for the first time a Sparrow Hawk landed on our garden fence about 40 feet from the window - grabbing the camera quick out the back only had my 855mm 1.4 Sigma Art to hand which did an ok job with some heavy cropping but could do with something longer - I also have a...
  4. Andrew Davies Photography

Canon LPE6N Battery or Equivalent ?

Looking to purchase another battery and normally go for Canons but in the past have had good experience with Hahnel too and noticed they do one which is rated at 2000ma instead of Canons 1865ma , anyone used this one ? or any other good alternatives - have to say i am not that impressed with the...
  5. Andrew Davies Photography

Do old Memory Cards slow down ?

OK so something I am wondering having bought a couple of new CF cards for my Canon 5Dmk4. I change the cards periodically as a wedding photographer just for safety of knowing they are not so old, the card I have just changed is a Compact Flash 64GB sandisk Extreme 120mb/s and I changed it for...
  6. Andrew Davies Photography

Light stand / flash / umbrella recommendations

OK i want to upgrade my current set up which is two fairly inexpensive light stands with flashgun mounts and two shoot through umbrellas around 30 inch which i use for indoor groups and similar on the odd occasion when needed and very infrequently outdoors so the ability to weigh them down with...
  7. Andrew Davies Photography

5dmk4 two months in ...

OK so had chance to really test the 5D4 in the field as it were ! Its the end of wedding season but also the hardest part with long dark days and varying amounts of wind and rain ! Thoughts so far for anyone interested - I am coming from 5D3s and mk2/1 before that and use mainly in wedding work...
  8. Andrew Davies Photography

Second Curtain Flash wireless Canon v Yongnuo

Can anyone enlighten me as to why on earth canon speedlites and transmitters wont work in second curtain flash mode wireless , however the Yongnuo copy transmitter and flashes do and in fact the yongnuo transmitter sends the info to a canon flash and works fine but using the canon transmitter...
  9. Andrew Davies Photography

Some first thoughts and examples from the 5D4

So after years of 5D , 5D2 and 5D3 useage finally pulled the trigger on the 5D4 and have been out and about testing it before the next wedding where it will get a proper workout ! First thoughts , definitely seems to be a better performer in terms of image quality and plenty more detail hiding...
  10. Andrew Davies Photography

Canon 5Dmk4 RAW file viewing codecs ?

Hi , has anyone found a codec yet which supports the 5D4 showing images in windows as the previous 5Ds all did , there is no new update for Microsofts Camera Coded pack and FastpictureViewer does not support the 5d4 according to docs ? anyone had any luck ? I can use DPP Lightroom etc but really...
  11. Andrew Davies Photography

Canon 5Dmk4 corrupted files problem

Hi all , just took delivery of a lovely new 5D4 and gone to work testing it out ... Dismayed to find a handful of shots with massive colour banding and pieces missing and never come across this before with any of my 5d series so need some help/advice as to whether there is a fault with the...
  12. Andrew Davies Photography

Canon DSLR to screw mount adaptor info ?

Hi, I have a couple of old lenses ( pentax and zeiss primes ) I like to play with periodically and bought an m42 screw mount adaptor which i happily used with my 5Dmk2 and the lenses worked , now i have only 5dMk3s and i just get an error code when mounting with the adaptor , I can find any...
  13. Andrew Davies Photography

Canon 600 ex ii rt made in china ????

OK so just took delivery of a new Canon 600 ex rt ii and it says made in China , was under the impression all canons decent gear was made in Japan has that now changed , was purchased from mifsuds as UK stock so expecting its genuine. If Canon are now using china to make their products then i...
  14. Andrew Davies Photography

Canon Lens support ended for certain lenses

First time I have come across this but Canon Pro Services sent out this email today: Please be informed the following products have been removed from CPS membership qualification as they are no longer serviceable. EOS 50D EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Please be sure to...
  15. Andrew Davies Photography

Canon 5dmk4 pricing

OK so after a long wait and all the speculation a camera I have been waiting to get my hands on arrives. Quite ready to splash the cash as I make my living from it and then comes the price ... $3499 ok i think so around £2700 gbp a bit higher than the previous model and its not a massive...
  16. Andrew Davies Photography

Fake LP-E6 Batteries

Well first time for this but I have been caught out in the fake battery saga , bought 3 genuine canon lp-e6 batteries from ebay and paid a little less than shop price but seller seemed good and when they came all in packaging with holograms etc, no problem. After a month of use i have noticed...
  17. Andrew Davies Photography

£400 OFF 1DX Offer

http://www.canon.co.uk/1dxtradein/ Just came through on email , got an old body knocking about ? its worth 400 quid !! Wedding Photographer Durham Darlington Teesside Newcastle York
  18. Andrew Davies Photography

Canon 85mm both front and back focussing issue ?

I have a Canon 85mm 1.8 purchased from a certain auction site some months ago. Since getting it i have been unhappy with the focus results. I have tried adjusting technique whilst hand holding and also been through the moire and ruler tests to attempt an adjustment. Today i tried the battery...
  19. Andrew Davies Photography

Prime v Zoom Bokeh

Still trying to decide on whether or not to purchase new lens for portraits or use an existing lens so decided to take the two of them out and compare their bokeh's both at same focal length and f stop and at their best bokeh respective settings. Lenses used Canon 70-200 F4L Canon 85mm 1.8 As...
  20. Andrew Davies Photography

135L v 85 1.8

Hi. Recently purchased the 85 1.8 for portraits and weddings to go along with my other primes , and have to say a little dissapointed with its performance especially at 1.8/2 where i was expecting greater things, it also has the worst CA i have seen on any lens wide open especially on reflective...