Search results

1. andrewflo

Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II First Impressions

Agreed that the slowmo clip looked unbelievable soft... also hoping it was a fluke :|
  2. andrewflo

Patent: Pop-Up Flash With Bounce Capabilities

The bounceable flash on the EOS M3 is such a handy feature. It would be welcomed on any camera. Of course it's not as good as a Speedlite, but for something compact, it's a nice feature to have.
  3. andrewflo

What Do You Want To See in the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV?

Realistic expectations: Faster card readers USB 3.0 Illuminated AF points 1/2 stop or better improved high ISO performance WiFi + GPS 1080p60 If no 4K, at least sharper 1080p Faster flash sync speed Reduced rolling shutter 1-2 stops improved DR Not holding my breath, but would be great: 4K...
  4. andrewflo

Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L IS Mentioned Again [CR2]

Agreed. I know many don't consider non-Canon lenses a real option, but the Tamron SP 24-70mm is fantastic, especially at the price. And the newer Tamron SP lenses have been even better. 24+ months could be enough time for Tamron to consider a version II of their SP 24-70mm, which if performed...
  5. andrewflo

ST-E3-RT master + autofocus assist from a slave 600EX-RT?

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to take a look at the Yongnuo YN-E3-RT: http://www.amazon.com/Speedlite-Wireless-Transmitter-YN-E3-RT-ST-E3-RT/dp/B00H7XFOKO It is a clone of the Canon, but includes a AF assist light. There are generally pretty positive reviews but a few here and...
  6. andrewflo

Canon's Next ConnectStation to do 4K and Wireless Charging

I certainly like that it supports 4K. For video shooters this is good news because it might imply Canon's consideration of 4K in their next generation cameras (5DIV, 6DII, etc.)
  7. andrewflo

First Review of New Tamron Prime Lenses

Agreed great find! Just to confirm, I took a quick look at my SP 24-70 and it is indeed the opposite (infinity is to the left on the SP 24-70). Would make shooting a mixed bag of Canon and Tamron lenses just a tiny bit more convenient if they all zoomed/focused in the same direction :)
  8. andrewflo

Announcement: Sony A7S II Camera Body

I know a lot of people also took issue with the recording button placement on the a7s, it seems like the a7s II left it in the same awkward position. The a7s II doesn't seem like as big of an upgrade (subjective of course) as the a7r to the a7r II, maybe because it's inheriting much of what we...
  9. andrewflo

The Next L Lens From Canon to be a Fast Zoom [CR2]

Nicely put. This seems like a pretty solid roundup of the latest rumors in Canon camp. Agreed on pretty much everything here. Personally, it seems a 16-35mm f/2.8L II replacement seems most likely. But a 24-70 f/2.8L IS would be very generously welcomed!
  10. andrewflo

New Tamron Prime Lenses Coming

Did you mean "as long as the AF is fast" instead of "VC"? Would have to agree if so. The SP 15-30 had really fast, silent, and accurate AF but on an UWA it's a different ball game than 45mm. Btw the VC on the 15-30 is way quieter than the IS on the Canon 16-35 f/4. I've never used the Canon...
  11. andrewflo

New Tamron Prime Lenses Coming

Good speculation. I did try the SP 15-30mm for a few weeks before exchanging it for a 16-35mm f/4L and I have to say the image quality was unbelievable. Without pixel peeping at 400% at brick walls, it felt like the Tamron outperformed the Canon, even at f/2.8. The build quality was better too...
  12. andrewflo

More Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II Information

Yikes $2300... more expensive than the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II that's crazy.
  13. andrewflo

Canon EOS M3 Coming to North America? [CR2]

Great news I'd love to see Canon get more behind their EOS M system. This would be a step in the right direction. I picked up an M3 in Japan for $380. Compared to my M1, it's a pretty solid upgrade. Build quality is worse, but feature set is much more mature. Not having any kind of...
  14. andrewflo

Pick 2: Your next most desired EF-M lenses

If EOS-M users theoretically got to choose exactly 2 lenses to add to the native EF-M lineup, which ones would make the cut?
  15. andrewflo

Can the EOS M3 be repaired in the USA?

My understanding is that Canon USA cannot service an M3. You'll most likely have to send it back to Japan. As others have said, depending on the extent of the damage, it may be cheaper to replace it with a new one.
  16. andrewflo

A New L Zoom is Coming [CR2]

Nikon Rumors just translated a post from Digicame-info showing leaked images and a $2.2k price point of a Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 VR said to be released August 27th. http://nikonrumors.com/2015/07/29/first-pictures-of-nikon-24mm-f1-8g-24-70mm-f2-8e-vr-and-200-500mm-f5-6e-lenses-leaked-online.aspx/...
  17. andrewflo

Nikon To Announce 24-70 f/2.8 VR, 24 f/1.8, 200-500 f/5.6 VR

Canon answer to possibly leaked Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 VR (Aug 27, $2,256)? Saw this on Nikon Rumors (translated from DigiCame-Info): http://nikonrumors.com/2015/07/29/first-pictures-of-nikon-24mm-f1-8g-24-70mm-f2-8e-vr-and-200-500mm-f5-6e-lenses-leaked-online.aspx/ If Nikon were to release this...
  18. andrewflo

A New L Zoom is Coming [CR2]

Cool news! As much as I'd love to see a 24-70mm f/2.8 IS, I'm not to sure it seems like a necessary move by Canon with the current f/2.8 selling like hot cakes as is. As well as the existing f/2.8 only being 3 years old. I'd have to agree the 16-35mm f/2.8 III seems most likely as a...
  19. andrewflo

7d mark ii or 6D

I have to agree that, generally speaking, the 70D will be most consumer-friendly DSLR for video. But the 7DII really has some better video features for the semi-pro/pro. The 7DII compared the 70D has: Substantially less aliasing/moire (similar to the 5DIII, whereas the 70D is comparable to the...
  20. andrewflo

Canon EF 16-35mm f/4.0 IS L vs f/2.8 Mkiii?

I'd also recommend looking at the Tamron 15-30. I owned the Tamron for 3 weeks and then returned it for the Canon 16-35mm f/4 so here's my comments on these two: The Tamron to me felt like a better lens. f/2.8, extra 1mm, great! But also the images felt sharp, punchy, and vivid. Loved the...