Search results

1. LukasS

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

While I'm not pro wedding photographer, I would never go to a shoot like this with one body, and never did. Always two bodies and different lenses. Imaging a world where R5C switches between both modes almost instantly - doesn't solve practical issues with such a workflow - ie. which mode you...
  2. LukasS

Actually it takes ~5 sec: as shown here.
  3. LukasS

So much drama in this thread... I didn't pull the trigger on C70 due to lacking AF but I think R5C will be as close to perfect for me as currently possible. For me biggest issue will always be with NDs, but I never anticipated in a mirrorless style body built-in ND filters, so no surprise...
  4. LukasS

Industry News: DJI Revolutionizes Filmmaking With World’s First 4-Axis Cinema Camera

Why not? Setup definitely has strong points, it's very unique. Kinda like C70 - first of its kind. Foot in the door; market feeler. I wish they used V mount batteries - or maybe adapter, and lack of RF mount makes it little disappointing, but they can always add later - it's pretty modular.
  5. LukasS

Leaked: Full review of the Sony A7 IV goes live prematurely

Why even bother with complaining about Tony, it's like being an adult and being angry at cartoons for lack of proper presentation of a person... their channel is for entry level audience.
  6. LukasS

Stock Notice: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM $2999

Waited for this lens since early April from Amazon (UK/London), arrived yesterday. So stock notice seems to be at the same state in UK as in US.
  7. LukasS

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

I was hesitant for R5/R6 but if tests show this baby is capable - I'm in. I think this can really have huge impact on independent film making
  8. LukasS

Canon officially announces the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM and new firmware for the EOS R and EOS RP

I guess me too, 15-35 and 70-200 (my old EF has no IS and it's over 15 years old). Probably by the end of the year as I'm not in a hurry.
  9. LukasS

Canon releases an interim financial report

I would guess that as well. Changes in the market will require from them to scale back production and raise margins - but they can only do that (and survive) in high end parts. Don't see how innovation can here help them too much (in expanding demand), as overall demand shrinks and market is...
  10. LukasS

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

We'll we can expect a lot but there is nothing we can do about it. I won't speculate on pricing based on rumor - when they will be actually announced and priced for my market (EU) then I will see how it presents itself. Bought R only for video features so for me IS is desirable and will...
  11. LukasS

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

Pricing is alright IMO, considering shrinking market, quality and longevity of the lens. It will last many bodies over and it's being built with the future in mind. I'm considering moving to mirrorles Canon only due to 28-70 F2, my 24-70 2.8 is mostly used lens in my set and even having very...
  12. LukasS

Canon EOS 7D Mark II listed as discontinued, but no reason for excitement

My 7D mk2 purchase was mostly for Air Shows and some wildlife (at that time had 5D classic) to get enough reach (attached mostly with 100-400mk2, which I bought right after the body) and at that time (early 2015) photographing in Czech Republic and Polish airshows, 80% of other people were using...
  13. LukasS

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Dynamic Range Talk & Sample Images

Re: Canon EOS 6D Mark II Dynamic Range Talk & Sample Images I just did that 2 weeks ago, based on initial specs and suggested price it was clear to me that it was worth to own mkIV.
  14. LukasS

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Poll Results

I've voted to wait for reviews but in the meantime I decided not to go with 6D2 but to stay with 5D line and ordered Mark IV. Although I'm happy with AF update and screen - lack of dual slot was the biggest no-no, apart from few other differences. Will be replacing 100D for 200D - that flippy...
  15. LukasS

Pricing & More Information About the EOS 6D Mark II [CR3]

Re: Pricing & More Information About the EOS 6D Mark II [CR3] Yeah if it was a CF only then I would not feel that bad, but as I have mostly CF cards I feel quite bad about this choice. Hopefully it's not 100% confirmed.
  16. LukasS

Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Confirmed for 2017 [CR3]

At least one of you gets it :). Maybe the will announce grip for it this time?
  17. LukasS

BTW. probably someone already did mention this, or will in the future. But how about that weight and size of the SL2 - it's really important factor for users! Let's just think about it while looking at this setup: ;) ;) ;)
  18. LukasS

Re: Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Confirmed in 2017 [CR3] I've been on a lookout for this news for a looong time :). My 100D was for last 1,5 year most used camera, and for some time i'm using it more and more for vlogging (10-18mm EF-S and RODE mic) - it's great combo. I would love to see 1080@60fps...
  19. LukasS

5DIV price confirmed

In Poland big retailers have the item on preorder for 4600 USD (incl. 23% VAT). It seems Polish are wealthier than most.
  20. LukasS

Canon Announces the EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR

in Poland retailers priced the body at 4600 USD (incl. tax)