Search results

1. I

How does a dead fly in a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II affect image quality?

No, they are not automatically lying. I have an old Kodak lens on a medium format camera. The lens has bubbles in it. I defy anyone to find evidence in the photos it has taken. You can even use a microscope. Short FL lenses are a different story, but this post is about a longer lens..
  2. I

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Talk [CR2]

Enjoy your Panasonic VIDEO equipment. This STILL photographer couldn't care less about shooting video. All I want is an evolution of what is a great still camera. And like all things, it depends on who you hang around. Seen plenty of 5Ds, but never seen one being used to shoot video. 50 percent...
  3. I

Touchscreen Coming to EOS 5D Mark IV? [CR1]

I'm not worried about it breaking off, I'm worried about it having a smaller screen area, and making the camera fatter. If you want a TV camera, buy a mirrorless camera or a point and shoot. Please Canon, please leave the floppy screens to the consumer products, and concentrate on still image...
  4. I

Patent: Canon EF 24-300mm f/4-5.6

I'm sure there would be some market for this, but how about a 24-105 replacement. If ever there was a Canon lens screaming for replacement, that's it. If they gave it a similar quality upgrade to the 100-400 II, I'd buy it right now.
  5. I

Review: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II

Excellent review, thanks. There is one comment in the comparison with the MkI which lists lack of push/pull zoom as a potential con. For those to whom this really matters, be aware the lens operates very well as a push/pull. Install the lens hood, which now locks in place, set the zoom friction...
  6. I

canon 5D mark iii help please upgrading from a 60D or wait for the Mark IV

A softer version of Acutance reply would be, the 5DIII is an excellent camera. I was an early adopter and the body has been flawless. About once per year I've had an error message which required pulling and replacing the battery, but then I never did any firmware updates until a few weeks ago...