Search results

1. P

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v2.0.0 Released

If these were user selectable options, or only applicable in the auto modes, you might describe them as features. But that isn't the case with these issues. Bottom line is I need my cameras to do what I tell them to do, not the other way around.
  2. P

No, always on manual but yes, after inactivity.
  3. P

To clarify these issues: 1) Randomly going in and out of auto ISO after FIVE YEARS of people complaining R5 and R3 will repeatedly alter their ISO status after moments of inactivity during shooting. This is particularly troublesome when using lights (but is troublesome in every other way too)...
  4. P

They can do all these new things but still can't fix the camera randomly going in and out of auto ISO after FIVE YEARS of people complaining. Or fix latching one-shot/AI focus switching. Or enable dialling in AUTO ISO below ISO 50. Version 1 still isn't even finished and they're claiming v2.
  5. P

Firmware version 1.8.2 appearing on serviced EOS R5 cameras

Changing the operation of a tool that many use for work without telling the user is concerning. Many users deliberately hold back on firmware updates to favour known stable function.
  6. P

Firmware: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM v1.1.1

Pls post back with your experience of this upgrade.
  7. P

There are 4 wide-angle L prime lenses coming in the next 12 months [CR2]

Someone might think that the prospect of wide Canon primes would console those disappointed that native RF options from 3rd parties like Sigma and Tamron, (whose wide EF primes are massively popular and competitive) are being blocked by Canon. I've found Sigma's 24 1.4 Art to be better than...
  8. P

Firmware: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM v1.1.1

My r5s frequently lock up in use with this lens specifically, requiring a battery pull to reset. I don't think this is the fix.
  9. P

In which country is the Canon EOS R3 the cheapest, and most expensive?

They will charge for repair if not covered by their guarantee but don't refuse service.
  10. P

So if nationX keeps its currency cheap (say to boost local exports), every other country should have to pay over the odds for imports of goods from nationY to ensure the price paid for imported goods bought in nationX remain globally competitive? What about local wage differences, size of...
  11. P

In your mind, how do you account for fluctuating currencies?
  12. P

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

I'm not an expert at reading EXIF like this. What is it in there that tells us this is an OOC file rather than one that's been resized before upload?
  13. P

Firmware: Canon EOS R6 v1.4.0, adds Canon Log 3

Advice I've been given is to turn off camera first but we all know that doesn't happen in the real world when speed is of the essence, and it shouldn't be necessary.
  14. P

Firmware: Canon EOS R6 v1.4.0, adds Canon Log 3

Perfectly nice extra feature that can be done in software, so why not. I just wish they'd prioritise fixing known issues with the r5 and the wifi grip, which are also software-addressable, before they add more features. Something I've previously sent that breaks down why, as amazing as the r5...
  15. P

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

Immediate annoyance: horizontal and vertical grip buttons and dials aren't consistently placed, relative to one another. With the R5+grip it's awful. This looks like it might be a bit better, but it should be perfect.
  16. P

Canon officially announces the Canon Speedlite EL-1

I know three people who bought A1s. Two returned them due to unreliability followed by poor after sales service from Profoto and I've read many more reports of issues. Glad that you haven't experienced the same but, by many accounts, "flakey" is accurate.
  17. P

Canon officially announces the Canon Speedlite EL-1

Profoto's £1000 speedlight has sold well despite it being a little flakey. If this is solid, it has a market.
  18. P

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

Had an R5 for three days now. With the adaptor it's given each and every EF lens I have an instant upgrade. I'd deffo be interested in a 24-35 f/1.4 if it were possible, but I'm blown away with the benefits of mirrorless face and eye focussing, as it is.
  19. P

Comparing the EOS-1D X, EOS-1D X Mark II & EOS-1D X Mark III

As a stills camera I must confess I was hoping to see some new in-the-pipeline features (IBIS high among them), but if the performance enhancements with focus, battery and *particularly* high ISO, are as strong as the PR suggests, then I'd deffo think to swap my older mk2 over in time. Shutter...
  20. P

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

As others above, this deffo isn't the correct final spec. I can imagine retailers etc preparing the product page, creating a copy of the older model and editing from there in readiness. You want the page up and indexed by Google, even if final detail isn't ready for public view.