Search results

1. F

Canon Patent Application: Grip based active cooling

No idea what makes you think of Aliexpress here. This just looks like any other laptop fan.
  2. F

Canon lays out their corporate strategy

The second last paragraph sounds like Canon is going all-in with video features. That makes me hope for a really compelling firmware update for the R5!
  3. F

Meyer Optik Görlitz adds native Canon RF mount for all of its lenses

It's always nice to know that there are some people out there who know, that there are no other needs than theirs and everybody who wants something different is an idiot. (sarcasm off)
  4. F

Canon EOS R3 and Canon EOS R5 to receive new firmware next week

I can only use USB-A for that because my main computer doesn't have USB-C yet, but I strongly assume that this will not make any difference.
  5. F

Canon EOS R3 and Canon EOS R5 to receive new firmware next week

I always use "EOS Utility" for that. No card-fiddling necessary (but connected via USB, not wireless).
  6. F

A Canon EOS R7 C is on the way, but not in 2022 [CR3]

As far as I know Canon's cinema cameras all have build in anamorphic lens support (e.g. the R5C has it).
  7. F

Canon Patents Ludicrous Zooms

24-400: "One lens to rule them all". If it's affordable, light and doesn't have too much compromises in image quality (due to the very likely necessity of a lot of correction "in software"): It will be definitely on my list!
  8. F

Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

Oh no! They did it again! No IBIS in the R5C!!! :cry:
  9. F

Patent: A new mirrorless camera body design with integrated grip with pass-through

I just think this is just genius! For were the action is this will be the most secure way to hold a camera while running around or stuff like that.
  10. F

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

Lightroom can find similar faces. Why shouldn't a camera be able to do that?
  11. F

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

I have this idea that the R3 will be able to track a specific subject, e.g. a dedicated person ('s face) like the bride on a wedding. This (from Canon USA) sounds a bit like it (last sentence): The EOS R5 and R6 were only the beginning. Using Deep Learning technology, the upcoming EOS R3 will...
  12. F

Firmware: Canon releases firmware v1.3.1 for the Canon EOS R5

No, as far as I remember only the two last ones.
  13. F

The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming soon

You can have up to 5 pages...
  14. F

Canon EOS M50 Mark II information leaks out ahead of the official announcement

I think they were busy elsewhere (R5/6/1)... But for me this is a good thing: As a M6 II owner I'm not annoyed that the M50 II surpasses the M6 II and hope remains for an M5 II with higher specs.
  15. F

Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

This site was very important and heavily used by me in the last years. Happy to pay a fee for all the usage!
  16. F

Canon confirms addition of Canon Log 3, Cinema RAW Light, lower bit rates and more for the EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5

Since RAW is always related to 1:1 pixel readout (otherwise it wouldn't be "raw") it would be possible in the 4K crop mode. But if you'd only use a 1080p sized section of the sensor for 1080 RAW you'd have a ridiculous crop factor...
  17. F

Canon EOS R5 firmware update coming soon, RAW light to be added? [CR2]

As I understand it they are under attack by cyber criminals. This might take weeks to get the servers up and running again.
  18. F

Yeah, crippled on purpose to keep their Cinema line running? Rumors suggest that there will be two new Cinema cameras and one significantly cheaper than the R5. How are they going to make more money, if people choose to take the cheap cinema camera instead of the R5?
  19. F

"We simply did this by ignoring the laws of physics"...
  20. F

Rumored RF mount Cinema camera specifications [CR2]

This sounds like the first small sized and (at least for me) affordable Cine camera. The R5 obviously can't do this to the full extent. So I'm very excited!