Search results

1. arthurbikemad

Stock Notice: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM

Got mine today, this is an awesome lens!! I've had some of the best like the 200/2 and many more, own the RF50 1.2, RF85 1.2, EF35II, 135/2 and a few more, trust me despite its size, its well worth the money, killer lens on my R5, super chuffed.
  2. arthurbikemad

He ain’t lying – THE BEST PRIME LENS. Period. by Peter McKinnon

I was using this yesterday at the beach, its a great lens and like many I love it, but damm, shooting the waves in bright sun this lens can fringe like a bastid, a feature of the old EF 1.2 that I used to hate. Only thing with the fringing of the RF is its so fine, strong but in my images...
  3. arthurbikemad

I may have been wrong about the EOS R3 official announcement date

In the mean time... Anyone seen this.. https://www.photographyblog.com/news/canon_eos_r3_hands_on_photos
  4. arthurbikemad

Firmware: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III v1.2.1

I like my 1DX3, its defo an upgrade from the Mk2, it's better in a few ways than my R5, focus is solid on the 1DX3, and the camera is truly build like a tank, I love it, I think I am going to keep hold if it too, the OVF has low light advantages over the R5, other night at dusk I gave up with my R5.
  5. arthurbikemad

R5 left eye ergonomics?

Same here, left eye only, have been for 30 years plus, no problems at all for my with the R5.
  6. arthurbikemad

Share R5 delivery experience

Yes its the res, tbh the Camera is great, better than I could ever wish for. I won't derail the thread but this quick (shot 30 in total I've taken so far) portrait was shot into the sky, Highlights at -100 and shadows are at +100. Moody portrait of the old gits. EOS R5 - RF50 1.2. @ f1.2...
  7. arthurbikemad

@skp FW 1.1.0 was installed, it came from Panamoz, great service from them as always, could not get one from the UK dealers, even though my pre order was in early. :( @privatebydesign I've only taken a handful of shots so far, but, 1st thing I notice is noise, its dark here right now and playing...
  8. arthurbikemad

Got mine! Its awesome. The End, see you all for the Mk2 waiting list.. ;) Canon EOS R5 (RF50mm f1.2) - 1DX Mark III (EF24-70 f2.8 Mark II)
  9. arthurbikemad

Cancelled my on going UK pre order, no dates, nothing, looked like Nov, so placed a new order for an import from Japan, here Friday.
  10. arthurbikemad

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Remove the covers and it's an R5 with a fan ;) With crippled stills lol
  11. arthurbikemad

UK, no news :( seems the import dealers have stock :S
  12. arthurbikemad

Canon has released firmware v1.2.0 for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

Upgraded my Mk3 last night, was shooting the kids in low light with my 35II, tbh I was not blown away by the new eye AF...
  13. arthurbikemad

A little poem while we wait.... Where art thou my love? searching around the corners listening through the crevices I wonder where you went I ponder over the loss day and night Reminiscing about the old times when you lived in my heart bathed in my heart and slept in my heart forever I shall...
  14. arthurbikemad

Gordon Laing explains the updates in firmware v1.1.0 for the Canon EOS R5

I skip read the whole 4 pages, what's going on again? My bloody R5 still ain't here :( looks like I'll be into the next firmware before it arrives :S
  15. arthurbikemad

Canon R5 recall

His mate told him so it's TRUE. AND it's on the internet so its definitely TRUE. Cant poke the guy tbh, wish there was a way you could block channels on PooTube. Oh, and I see those Canon lorrys all the time, you know when they are loaded as the tyres bulge at the bottom, and what's more...
  16. arthurbikemad

Teardown: The Canon EOS R5 gets an autopsy

I wonder if all this R5 heat talk has caused the internet to go into meltdown, I mean those servers kick out some heat right, but no one cares, no wonder they run internet cables under the ocean, bloody well need to so they stay cool... As someone who owns a grip for the R5 and a spare...
  17. arthurbikemad

Teardown: The Canon EOS R5 gets an autopsy

I'm gonna use a chilled cucumber, I think there is room, my plan is to open up the flux chamber and wedge the cucumber between that and the digicdudarthingymajig, this way the cucumber will soak up all the heat and I can remove and rinse later. No problem, well small problem, ain't got me pre...
  18. arthurbikemad

Gerald Undone completes exhaustive record time testing on the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

The R5 has certainly caused a stir. I questioned a guy about over heating in stills mode, I chat to CPS often, they have assured me that canon have tested the R5 to death for stills, quote "it DOES NOT overheat", he went on to say "IF the camera was to shut down in stills shooting from heat its...
  19. arthurbikemad

R5: Where can I report software bugs?

The 1DX3 does the same if you close the card slot door. Is the R5 like that?
  20. arthurbikemad

Just a reminder: Canon Rumors has launched a Discord server

Whhhhhhhhhaaaaaat is it....? A magic door.... well why didn't you say... hahaha