I thought everyone received an email a while back (early-mid august) with an expected ship date. Mine originally said it was to ship on August 21st, and so now I expect it'll get pushed back at least week or so...
I think the people receiving emails were people that ordered through B&H.

Upvote 0
Received the grip today. Looks like next item is the lens.

Still waiting for the body and the adapter ring.

I feel your pain. I have already received my 28-70 f2, 70-200 2.8, grip, control ring, and extra battery (in addition to cards, bag and chargers). Now all I need in order to use any of it is the R5. I was waiting to unbox it all, but it was just taking up space, so I put it in the bag, and set them aside so they won't mock me as often...

Side note, that 28-70 is a brick! I'm a big dude, and I figured the size would be no issue, but seeing it by itself in person I've got my concerns.. Now since I don't have the camera yet, I have not been able to check it all together, but that is one solid piece of glass! It'll surprise you when you open the box! But i'm extremely excited to get a body attached to it, and take some gorgeous shots!

Upvote 0

rbwillnj

CR Pro
Nov 2, 2016
Side note, that 28-70 is a brick! I'm a big dude, and I figured the size would be no issue, but seeing it by itself in person I've got my concerns.. Now since I don't have the camera yet, I have not been able to check it all together, but that is one solid piece of glass! It'll surprise you when you open the box! But i'm extremely excited to get a body attached to it, and take some gorgeous shots!

Actually I looked at that. I have a 5D IV and the EF 24-70 2.8 and that combo is a little heavier than the R5 and the RF 24-70 2.8. Eventually I will get the RF 70-200 2.8. With the R5 that combo is close to a pound less than the EF version with the 5D IV.

Upvote 0
Actually I looked at that. I have a 5D IV and the EF 24-70 2.8 and that combo is a little heavier than the R5 and the RF 24-70 2.8. Eventually I will get the RF 70-200 2.8. With the R5 that combo is close to a pound less than the EF version with the 5D IV.

I shoot sports so having the 70-200 2.8 extending out scares me...

Upvote 0

skp

5DIV, 7DII, 60D
CR Pro
Sep 20, 2014
Got mine! Its awesome. The End, see you all for the Mk2 waiting list.. ;)

View attachment 192897
Canon EOS R5 (RF50mm f1.2) - 1DX Mark III (EF24-70 f2.8 Mark II)
What version of the firmware came installed? I'm curious to see if they're holding things up to update the firmware.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
@skp FW 1.1.0 was installed, it came from Panamoz, great service from them as always, could not get one from the UK dealers, even though my pre order was in early. :(
@privatebydesign I've only taken a handful of shots so far, but, 1st thing I notice is noise, its dark here right now and playing around I see much more noise than my 1DX3, I expected that so no bother, the joystick button is too high for my liking and I REALLY miss the IR touch button controller, I keep rubbing my finger over the AF on button :S, speed of AF is good but the RF 50 is slow end to end imo, if it hunts it show up its lack of raw drive speed, again no problem as I did not buy this as a action camera, for me its my portrait camera and its main use will be for that with the RF50 and RF85. The IQ is wonderful, so is the IS!!! Amazing IS, wonderful with the RF50 so far. There is a lot to like, screen is great, EVF is GREAT! Things I gripe about are whats in the 1D and missing from anything else Canon make, the small stuff you take for granted, also I am glad I got the grip, the 50 is HEAVY and the R5 is tiny imo, or at least it is when you are used to the 1D. Anyway, those are the things that strike me from a 30 mins first impression, all that said I think me and the R5 will have a great love affair to blossom!
Someone said this thing also shoot video....?
;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0