Search results

1. J

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

Walrus wrote: My source just told me that the 35mm L has been put on hold and postponed to 2026, and all resources were steered to the retro camera. Camera will have the 24mpx sensor from current R100/50/10, and the fixed focal lens will be a 21mm f7.1 (33mm FF equivalent) without IS; someone...
  2. J

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

I echo those of you who long for the huge viewfinders of old -- like the Olympus OM-1. As for a retro-looking DSLR, F-1 or AE-1 I'm too am mystified as to how it will make the shooting experience better. Canon's lineup has a wide range of sizes now of mirrorless SLRs, so users have lots of...
  3. J

Portable charger for LP-E6 batteries

And here's the unit with the Canon charger plugged in
  4. J

Hi Kit It was bought to charge my laptop, but I thought because it has an AC outlet it could also charge my camera batteries. If for some reason a camper/wildlife photographer who'd be away from AC for a while needs a solution, perhaps the Anker would meet their needs. The unit I bought also has...
  5. J

The battery arrives tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works. (To be cautious I'll probably try it on my charger and BP-511 battery for my 30D).
  6. J

I'm looking for a portable battery solution for charging LP-E6 batteries in the field when I'm not near an AC outlet and don't have a spare battery (or if I have a spare and it's empty, too). You may be familiar with power banks that can charge smartphones. I ask because I just purchased an...
  7. J

SmallRig announces LP-E6NH battery for Canon, priced at $39.99 USD.

On Amazon Canada the Smallrig LP-E6NH is listed at CDN$58.90. It also says "Free delivery Monday July 24." Perhaps that means it ships from the US, or they have low supply. Other SmallRig products ship faster...
  8. J

Canon Adds EOS R50 and EOS R8 to the Growing EOS R Mirrorless Camera System

For me, a new full frame R OR cropped camera to replace my 6D and 7D2 without IBIS is a deal breaker. I'm in my 70s and have an EF400 f5.6 and EF200mm f2.8. I need IBIS (or a body building program.....) An R50 to replace my SL1 as a walkaround camera might be possible, depending on the...
  9. J

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Attention those in the Toronto area: If you're going to the London, Ont. airshow this weekend, I need a lift. I live at Bathurst and Sheppard. Jay
  10. J

Ride needed for London, Ont. airshow

If anyone is going to the London, Ont. airshow this Friday or Saturday and has room I need a ride. I live in Toronto at Bathurst and Sheppard. howard
  11. J

Canon Announces That The Powerful Professional Full-Frame EOS R3 Mirrorless Camera Is On Its Way

All this talk about IBIS has me wondering... has anyone used an R5/R6 with an EF400mm f5.6? Does IBIS help on/off a tripod?
  12. J

Here are the USD prices for the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and lenses

I hope so, too. US2,500 is about CDN$3,330. Way out of my price range. There go my dreams of an R6 for my non-IS lenses.
  13. J

Here are more Canon EOS R6 Specifications [CR2]

What I'm dreaming of is an R6/IBIS with my EF 400mm 5.6 and EF 200 f2.8 for sports, wildlife
  14. J

A little bit more about the upcoming Canon EOS R6 [CR2]

As someone who isn't a pro and doesn't make huge prints, 20 MP would be OK for me. IBIS is what I want. However, while many are focusing on sensor size, AF, FPS and video performance I think they forget the importance of the electronic viewfinder. After all, unless you are a video photographer...
  15. J

Canon EOS R6 IBIS in action

I want to know how many focus points the R6 will have (although it will be replacing my 6D, so anything above 11 will be a bonus.... ) and how fast/accurate the AF will be I hope it will be better than the 80/90D bicycle tests done by DPReview. (...
  16. J

Instagram-Social Captain password issue

If you use Social Captian to boost the number of your Instagram followers, consider changing your Instagram password. SC was storing them in plaintext, on top of that recently there was a way anyone could see all passwords See. this news story...
  17. J

Flash Advice Please

Hi Roger I'm just starting to shoot wildlife with a flash, but during daylight. My suggestion is practice before you go by using people at night and lit with a spotlight similar to what you expect. Doing a Google search, I also came across this video which may be helpful...
  18. J

New gear for the holidays

.... late addition. My Better Beamer finally arrived from the US. Had given up hope
  19. J

Show your Bird Portraits

It just occurred to me: Feed them marijuana cookies....
  20. J

Focus Camera store website hacked

News out today is that the website of Focus Camera was hacked perhaps in November, with attackers able to skim off credit card information from buyers. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/magecart-attackers-steal-card-info-from-focus-camera-shoppers/