Search results

1. snowleo

Show your Bird Portraits

It's dipping time! Dip the food into the dipper's throat, mama! ;)
  2. snowleo

What’s a “realistic” lens that you’d like to see Canon make?

I would like to have two lenses: 1 equivalent to the 200-500 lens of Nikon (no 100-500 with an aperture 7.1 please!) 1 macro with higher magnification (2 x instead of 1 x) That wouldn't be that bad.
  3. snowleo

Winter

Chasseral Mountain, Jura/Switzerland The Chasseral is the highest mountain of the Jura ridge (about 1600 m / 5300 feet) in Switzerland. It offers excellent snow shoe opportunities. These shots were taken on January 23rd, 2018.
  4. snowleo

Winter

These pictures show the Bettmeralp in the valley of Valais (Wallis) in Switzerland. Actually, the height of the snow is about 2 meters (7 feet) only... not worth the mention! ;D Most of the snow just fell within 2 days! Some places as Zermatt (home of the famous Matterhorn) had to be closed...
  5. snowleo

Winter

These two pictures were taken on top of the Eggishorn mountain in Fiesch/Switzerland on January 24th. One picture shows the Aletsch Glacier, the largest glacier in the alps. The other one shows the 'skyline' of the alps including the famous Matterhorn. Both pictures taken from the only safe...
  6. snowleo

EF-S 35 mm 2.8 Macro - Pictures

A friend of mine has bought a new camera - the 80D and, by luck, he was the first customer to receive the new EF-S 35 mm 2.8 macro-lens of Canon. Here some sample shots, all taken with a 7DII: grasshopper: cropped (grasshopper is in the middle of the original photo, no chance to take a second...
  7. snowleo

POLAR LIGHTS

Hi Amaroc! Did nobody tell you that you should blow the candles out on your birthday cake and not putting the sky on fire with them? ;D ;D Happy birthday to you, too! Unfortunately, I cannot go to any northern country this year. I just have to go to Cuba for holiday reasons... :) But when I...
  8. snowleo

Fantasy 5 Lenses

I thought, we should tell the fantasy lenses, not the 'standard' lenses... ts ts ts... :) here my list of real fantasy lenses: - 9-18 mm L F 2.0 for polar light fotos or as alternative: 10-16 mm F 1.4 (not more than 1 kg/2 pounds) including versatile tripod mount - 50-150 mm L macro lens...
  9. snowleo

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

I went chasing golden eagles in the mountains yesterday. A young bird was hovering nearby (young golden eagles can be reckognized by the white feathers). Suddenly a buzzard began to skydive just about 200 m (around 650 ft) above me. You can imagine the size of the bird on the picture - all those...
  10. snowleo

5Dmk4 vs A6300 vs X-T2 vs GX85 (GH4) 4K Detail & Lowlight Comparison

I went chasing Golden Eagles in the mountains yesterday. There was a young eagle hovering nearby. Then suddenly I saw a buzzard starting to skydive. The following 4 pics were taken at a distance of approx. 200 m just in the original size (just a 100% crop of 600x400 pixels - just to say, how...
  11. snowleo

Kingfisher - what a bird

I love those kingfishers. Here some of my photos: kingfish01: left Woodland kingfisher, right Pied Kingfisher/male kingfish02: female Giant Kingfisher kingfish03: Grey Headed Kingfisher kingfish04: Pied Kingfisher (left male, right female) kingfish05: Malachite Kingfisher kingfish06: Woodland...
  12. snowleo

Thank you for all of your comments! I think, they are a perfect remedy for painful back bones! ;) As mentioned, all pictures have been taken with the 7DII and the 100-400 II. Most of them at less than 200 mm - otherwise you really can't catch them in full flight. Just tried it with 300 or 400...
  13. snowleo

Thought, I just add some swallows today... I still feel my back hurt after 2 hours chasing those tiny swift arrows of the sky. :P Of 711 taken pictures about 50 remained. All pictures taken with 7DII and 100-400 II.
  14. snowleo

Protection filter

I have just bought two of the brand new Sigma WR-Ceramic Protector filters (77 and 82 mm) to protect the lenses I use most (20-700 / 100-400 / 24-70 mm). They cost around 80 - 100 US$ and the quality is fabulous, coating is excellent. I did not state any difference in quality. I decided to do so...
  15. snowleo

Post Your Best Landscapes

I did it again. I went to Halerbos again - the blue forest nearby Bruxelles, Belgium. This time I was lucky. Blue sky all day long. So no cloud hiding the sun at sunrise (about 6 o'clock in the morning).
  16. snowleo

POLAR LIGHTS

Thank you for posting your pictures d4mike and Don! I have missed the polar light-night on Mothers day unfortunately - now I know, how beautiful the lights have been that night! And Don, when you find the road leading to Iceland just let me know. I would love to get there by road! ;) ;)...
  17. snowleo

Show your Bird Portraits

Two weeks ago I just discovered a hole in a tree. I heard warning cries of a starling. I had my 7D II and my 100-400 ready to take these shots. :D
  18. snowleo

here other samples from that place. A male swan defending his territory and in full flight
  19. snowleo

I'm back from a trip to Belgium, France and Germany. Here some of my shots at a lake/nature reserve in France - a night heron in flight. I have never seen one of them before.
  20. snowleo

Show your Bird Portraits

It is spring time, lots of chicken hatch. For some birds just an occasion for easy food. Not an easy time for ducklings when 'Kill Bill' appears on the scene... :(