Search results

1. J

5DSR II?

A while back there was mention of a faster than normal replacement for the 5DSR. Is there any new info out there? Is it likely the "high end mirrorless" body will be the replacement? I am still trying to hold out on upgrading my 6D (60k shots and some hiccups recently) since the 5DIV and 6DII...
  2. J

Favorite Focal Length/Aperture For Portrait

Given that Canon supposedly has a number of relevant lens (50 1.4, 135 f2, 85 f1.2) refreshes in the works and Nikon recently released a 105 f1.4. What do you think is the ideal focal length/ aperture pairing for portrait? If you had to pick one, of course. I know everyone has a favorite lens...
  3. J

Large Metal Prints For Lobby Space

As sort of a favor (I've previously declined similar requests when approached) I am selling my Fiancee's office 6 large metal prints for their lobby space. I'm letting them pick pretty much anything they want. The issue is, they want 36 inch prints and a lot of my images (and specifically ones...
  4. J

EOS M1 for infrared (IR)?

A recent question about IR conversions reminded me that I want to play with some IR photography. An EOS M1 seems like a good way to get my feet wet for cheap. Are there any features missing from the EOS M that might be very beneficial for IR? My other concern is if its worth waiting for the M4...
  5. J

70-200 f2.8 IS ii vs. 100-400 ii for Landscapes

I am torn between the 70-200ii and 100-400ii specifically as they apply to landscapes. I will be shooting mostly handheld @ f5.6 or f8 with some f4 and f11. Currently will be paired with a 6D but will likely upgrade to a 5DSR with in a year. I have a good idea of the pros/cons for these lenses...
  6. J

XL DSLR Shoulder Bag?

I'm looking for help in finding a Large or XL DSLR shoulder bag. The bags I've been able to find are either way deeper (meant for vertical packing) or cinema bags that seem way too bulky and inefficient for DSLR. I'm looking for the following: - internal dimensions around 22-24"L x 14-16"W x...
  7. J

Hiking Setup and Backpacks

Does anyone do any significant hiking with a DSLR setup? Several hours at least. What backpacks are you using? What photo gear do you take? Hiking season is upon us so I thought I'd start a thread to discuss gear set ups. As a side note: It seems a lot of the big name camera bag companies make...
  8. J

Post Your Abstracts

Since I don't see a generic abstract thread... I'll start one. Generally, I think the subject should be hard to identify. Chihuly Glass Sculpture by Justin Nordgaard, on Flickr Explore 4.16.15 - Aspen Art Museum, CO by Justin Nordgaard, on Flickr