Search results

1. Steve Dmark2

Canon RF 85mm F2 Full Review

Hello Guys, Gordon has finished his, as one of the first, review of the new RF 85mm F2 IS STM lens. He compares it to the RF85mm F1.2L and the ancient EF 85mm F1.8. As I own the later lens my personal interest was such a review to evaluate If I can justify the 680€ extra money. In m case, I...
  2. Steve Dmark2

Sharpest lens at F8 - F11

Hello Everyone, yes, this topic sounds like these topics which ask for which to choose F8 or 11 for landscape photography Im not asking that. Im sure when I want to use from 2.8 to 16 or more. All the lens reviews mostly compare lenses at their performace wide open. I looked across the web and...
  3. Steve Dmark2

Lens decision: Canon 100mm 2.8 L or non L Macro vs Sigma 85mm 1.4 ex

Hello Everyone, me and my wife will have a baby in June and I need a proper lens. I have a canon 7D mark2. I wanna do normal baby portrait shots and also some detailshots of the hands an so on. With the 50mm options I am too much into the babys face, I feel that I need a little more distance...
  4. Steve Dmark2

Astro Post Processing Problem

Hello Everyone, I'm experiencing some weird behaviours doing my first astrophotography test shoot. I did post processing before and I though I'm confident doing it for wildlife and landscape. Please check this picture: Around many stars there are small square areas where the weight balance is...
  5. Steve Dmark2

Dynamic Range vs the truth

Hello Everyone, I've just came across another internet test/comparison of new DSLRs where a camera was rated higher than the other one only because of the ability to boost shadows and highlights later in post processing. I'm getting the feeling that most people spend thousands of $,€...
  6. Steve Dmark2

APSC vs. Full Frame for Astrofotography

Hello Everyone, I'd like to join the group of astrofotographers. However because I'm still a birder and I absolutely love me 7D mark2 I stand before this decision. [list type=decimal] Stay APSC and buy a wider lens Invest in a used 6D and full frame glass. [/list] (This is what I would have...
  7. Steve Dmark2

Landscape-Focal lengt?

Hello colleagues, Me and my wife will do a 3 week tour through USA next year. Normally i shoot wildlife, mainly birds. I want to prepare for landscape photography. I got two questions at the moment: [list type=decimal] What focal length do you use for landscape? I got a 17-50 EX 2.8 sigma on...
  8. Steve Dmark2

Who would throw ~1200€ for new 300mm 4L IS II or 400mm 5.6L IS?

Hello Everybody, as i own a 300mm 4L IS lens which was released back in 1997 I desperatelly want to have the same lens with today advanced technology. I don't need a zoom lens for the generally known reasons ;) This is what i wish: [list type=decimal] 300mm 4L IS ii with similar performance...