Search results

1. E

Here we go again, the Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L rumored to be announced next month

De/clicked Aperture? Maybe f/1.4 gets some video treatment on the build and the f/1.2 is going to be a chonk piece of photography glass. Canon is crushing it though
  2. E

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

If true, this will absolutely big big trouble for Nikon. Already putting huge discounts on the Z8 and Z9 just to get them to move here in the Retail space.
  3. E

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

The AE-1 is realistically the only one that makes sense for a Full Frame sensor + PCB. The other designs are too cramped.
  4. E

Sony will announce the A7c II and A7cR on August 29, 2023

Don’t missed their preorder launch for the A6700 which looks to be pushed back by a full month. They can do whatever they want with announcements but people are losing faith in the brand.
  5. E

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

My great hope was for a 30 MP sensor again. Very nice middle ground in terms of resolution and Signal/noise…
  6. E

Place your bets! What do you think the R3 will cost?

If this camera is going to sell well it does need to be less than the Sony Alpha 1. So here in Canada it’s going to need to be $7999 or less
  7. E

Here is the Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM

I would imagine that this will be a sub $1000 lens. Good choice for amateur wildlife folk. Working in a camera store we are getting older photographers who want telephoto but don’t want to carry around the RF 100-500mm. Won’t be too bad of a lens, I found the 800mm to even be a little fun!
  8. E

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

I mean is it not also possible that the photographer used a cropping mode? If this is cropped in-camera that would actually mean its closer to 36 mp.
  9. E

Here’s confirmation of the RF 100-400, RF 24 Macro and RF 18-45. Sadly, they’re quite delayed

Why is the 100-400mm a f/5.6 to 7.1... they need to swing for the fences on bigger aperture telephoto lenses. I was hoping for 3.5 to 5.6.
  10. E

Sony officially announces the Alpha a7c, the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame camera.

A7III > A7C No professional is buying this for size savings. At least the RP is still slotted at a price that no other manufacturer is addressing. The A7C is an overpriced vanity camera. Not practical for any of their GM glass. Hot trash!
  11. E

Canon EOS R6 IBIS in action

Is there Rolling shutter improvements on the R6.
  12. E

Round-up: All of the rumored Canon gear to appear over the last week

If Canon is in fact calling this the R5, they have done Sony dirty. I mean A7RV at some point and an R5 Canon on the market will be fun from a retail stand point. I like this.
  13. E

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

If this is true... I'm sold.
  14. E

Major Canon announcements in February and May of this year [CR2]

Everyone still looking for that 7D II replacement that will go toe to toe with the XT-4 in an EOS R body. 9Not that much confidence in EFM unfortunately. Canon counters every other manufacturer thats not making MFT or Medium Format
  15. E

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

The thirst is real for retailers posting product pages with no confirmed specs
  16. E

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

So Dual CFast slots are the exciting feature.
  17. E

Canon EOS R Mark II in testing [CR2]

43 MP BSI Sensor IBIS New DP AF with EYE AF 1x CfExpress Slot / 1x SD UHS II Slot 4:2:2 Internal C-Log Please for the love of Camera Jesus
  18. E

Cue the head spinning, The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to be 20.1mp? [CR1]

It is quite possible that both of these "sources" are correct. I wouldn't be shocked if there are a few different 1DxIII's prototypes out there sporting different sensors. The big question remains though. As a betting man, I would look at 24.x sensor. There is a resolution war going on...
  19. E

Canon officially announces the EOS M200

Mic jac hot shoe We need more EFM lenses as well or this means squat