Search results

1. J

Canon releases financials and lays out advanced EOS R plans

Isn’t it rumored that four full frame cameras are to be released this year? So far I see three. Maybe the fourth one will be the high resolution model.
  2. J

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Yeah hopefully there will be that option. I'm excited to see what becomes of this camera, but I'm waiting on the next version of the eosr, which will have the new sensor tech and be closer to about 40 megapixels.
  3. J

Canon EOS RP body price confirmed at $1299 USD, and we’re very happy about it

Wow!!! Well there you go. That is some aggressive pricing. I still want to wait for early reviews, but this may be the camera I pick up down the road to start my journey with mirrorless. Good job Canon. Hope it's a success.
  4. J

Here’s the Canon EOS RP and EG-E1 extension grip

Oh. I forgot about that. Thanks. So I guess it could come in at those lower prices then.
  5. J

Here’s the Canon EOS RP and EG-E1 extension grip

So, it looks like it will probably come in at about $1,599 US then? Not the super aggressive pricing some had hoped at $1,299 - $1,399. That's about where I expected it.
  6. J

Canon 5Dmk4 corrupted files problem

I've had the occasional shot where my 5d4 did this exact thing too. As someone else pointed out, it was more just a minor annoyance because it's only happened a few times in the year that I've owned it. Thinking maybe my 6d did it on rare occasion as well, but can't remember. I just figured it...
  7. J

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

Not going to purchase one either. Had this camera come out last year at his time, before I bought my 5d4, then I'd probably be getting one. I'm going to wait for canon's more professional camera to come out and then decide. Even then, I'll probably wait for the second generation of these cameras...
  8. J

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

Nokoshita has updated the specs some more. Looks like 4k 30p, full HD 60p, HD 120p for you video folks.
  9. J

Canon RF lens specifications

Is it really 28-79, or is that a typo?
  10. J

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

Yeah, that's my guess as well. This appears to be a mirrorless 5d4
  11. J

Is this really going to be their entry level mirrorless for 1,900??? I thought their more pro version would have the same resolution as their 5d4. If this is their entry level camera, consider me sold.
  12. J

Black & White

Really nice black and white photos eml58.
  13. J

Bordeaux - France

Wow, these are all excellent shots. I’ve seen some of your pictures on here before and they were all really good. Thanks for sharing.
  14. J

Mobile Redirects Currently Plaguing the Mobile Web

Thanks for some of the tips. I've definitely been hit with this annoying popup lately.
  15. J

Bracketing and taking the best from each.

Don't be turned off by the hdr function in Lightroom. The results are much more natural than using something like photomatix. I use it all the time.
  16. J

Black and White Landscapes!

Nice photos guys.
  17. J

Anyone kept their 6d since upgrading to a 5d4?

Hi Karl, I'm keeping the camera for it's colors and as a backup. thanks.
  18. J

Yeah besides the colors, I also noticed this flatter look to the raw files too. I got so used to the 6d's more contrasty look, and editing the pictures a certain way, that it's just going to be an adjustment period with the new camera. The 6d has already taken a backseat and I haven't even used...
  19. J

Hi, I just bought the 5d4 about a month ago and I'm really liking the camera. The pictures coming off this thing are beautiful. The improved dynamic range and detail it shows is what I'm liking most. The only thing I'm surprised by is the difference in colors when compared to my original 6d are...
  20. J

Black and White Landscapes!

Thank you.