Search results

1. werunhsv

What does the AD-E1 actually do?

Thanks! I'll try those.
  2. werunhsv

Yes, tried this on both R3s and the canon flash triggered on both, but the photos were very dark. Did the same with an off brand and it worked fine on both.
  3. werunhsv

Still doing the same thing in full mechanical shutter mode. he flash does go off, but the photos are dark.
  4. werunhsv

That's what I was thinking. Other brands of flash work fine on both cameras, it's just the Canon flash that does not. Even with the new adapter. There was ambient light, but I had selected setting so the flash would have to fire and it did, just was not captured on the photos.
  5. werunhsv

Both cameras do this.
  6. werunhsv

On the flash is ETTL with high speed sync. On the camera is Flash firing Enable ETTL Balance Standard ETTL Meter Evaluative Cont flasg ctrl ETTL each shot Slow synchro 1/180 Are these the settings you were asking about?
  7. werunhsv

So, I've got an R3 and the 600EXII flash. When I put the flash directly on the camera, it fires, but the photo is dark. Same thing happens when I use the new adapter. What am I doing wrong? My cheaper flashes work fine.
  8. werunhsv

Firmware: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM v1.1.1

I was going to update my lens, but can't find the download on the Canon page. Am I just missing it? Canon 70-200 page . I also tried from this page, which took me to the Canon 70-200 page. Having this issue on one of my R3's. Need to try it on the other one and see if it happens there.
  9. werunhsv

Shooting the Swim at Triathlons

Any thoughts on using an underwater case for shooting Triathlons? I have been shooting with a Olympus TG4, but would much rather use my 5D IV instead. Everything has been in fresh water. Mostly, I shoot the start from in the water as they jump in.
  10. werunhsv

Underwater Case for Shooting Triathlons

Any thoughts on using an underwater case for shooting Triathlons? I have been shooting with a Olympus TG4, but would much rather use my 5D iV instead. Everything has been in fresh water. Mostly, I shoot the start from in the water as they jump in.
  11. werunhsv

600EX RT vs AlienBees

Got the new one in and it works perfect. Noticeable difference in the flash power before I even put it on the camera. At 1/128 power, there is just a bit of light added to the photo. At 1/1 manual, it is all white, just as it should be. I'll chalk this up to a defective unit.
  12. werunhsv

600EX RT vs AlienBees

Yes, I'm thinking its a defective flash. At least it works in ttl mode ok.
  13. werunhsv

600EX RT vs AlienBees

I swapped flashes and shot the same area, same settings as above. Photo #1 was the same, photo #2 looked just like #1, just a tiny bit lighter and photo #3 full power was completely white.
  14. werunhsv

600EX RT vs AlienBees

Good idea. I tried it again, bringing the ISO down. I am going for fill here. 1DX MII AV ISO 100 10-Jan 2.8 Slow, but good exposure for the available light. First photo is no flash, 2nd 1/1 3rd 1/128.
  15. werunhsv

600EX RT vs AlienBees

Iso 5000, 2.8. 1/250, manually set flash on both camera and flash to 1/128 power and 1/1. Photos look identical. Almost all white.
  16. werunhsv

600EX RT vs AlienBees

I was shooting in AV mode, using this as fill. The only thing changed was the amount of flash. The photo was WAY over exposed on all settings between 1/1 to 1/128. The phot was basically all white at all settings. CPS had me reset the flash back to factory settings and try it again. Still...
  17. werunhsv

600EX RT vs AlienBees

Just got my new 600EX II-Rt and noticed in manual mode the flash is the same brightness in 1/1 and 1/128, what gives? Anyone else have this issue? Called up CPS and they walked me thru resetting it, but we could not come up with a solution. Help! Need it for a shoot on Sunday.