Search results

1. XL+

A new RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM is coming

Seeing some of us do have special needs. Would be a pity, if my three RF 2.8 L lenses would be outdated after three years. Would be more pleased to see some customer solution around 600mm, like 200-600mm. But this would never happen, as someone mentioned in the past. Spending 15000 Euros for an...
  2. XL+

Advice needen: Which ND-Filter (up to 10 Stops) to buy?

Hello! Coming back to landscape photography, my owned filter-gear is mostly not usable anymore. My fault, a damage from wrong storage and old age/warmth killed almost all of them. (Only some grey-graduated and color filters from Lee are usable. But non of the firecrest filters and screw in...
  3. XL+

R7 Discussion

Hmmmm. Hard to say. I do not know, how to get the RF100mm Macro on the 5DIV. I do not own the R, only the R5 and R6. The R5 is better at higher Iso on dark scenes. But the R7´s advantage is the Crop. So you do not have to come to close and miss the shot because the butterly flew away. I´ll do...
  4. XL+

R7 Discussion

Better not selling the R7. Really great with the 100mm Macro.... Handheld. Nothin special, but I´m pleased to see such details. If the R1 is under 9000€, one is mine.
  5. XL+

R7 Discussion

My first impression: Nice camera. I am working with an V90 certified SD card. That is fast enough for bursts. Things I have to mention: Really loud shutter. H+ and fas H are not enable when the new original Canon battery is only 2 bars loaded. AF in portrait mode is not as fast and accurate...
  6. XL+

Focussing problems with the RF 100mm macro lens.

Hello! I am dissatisfied by my RF 100mm macro lens. Primarily happy with the 1.4x magnification, it shows focussing problems when the aperture is changed and has to be refocussed by hand each time. like on "The digital picture" page described. My question is, if someone has found an solution...
  7. XL+

Problems with AF on birds @ R5

Mr. Alan, please could you post your settings? I am still having severe problems with the AF like posted on page one. No troubleshooting procedure or software update is on the way. Service companies do actually acctept no repair orders as of Covid-19-company-closure. I actually depend on tips...
  8. XL+

As someone wrote before, my problem had not be solved. The CPS repair center told me, they had a few bodies with the same claim. But Caonon actually neglects this complaint. For them everything is correct. They adjusted a few thing. But again, CPS recommends using MK III version of the 600mm...
  9. XL+

Review: Canon EOS R5 by DPReview

This one: https://www.canonrumors.com/forum/threads/problems-with-af-on-birds-r5.39490/ But it might be an hardware issue just of my R5. It is sent to Canon. I will see, what they say
  10. XL+

(y):ROFLMAO:. Yess, Sir. It was hard work, but now, they do so often. All three are very active in their sports clubs. So, a big percentage of my wage goes in this in my opinion important spare time management and school fees.......
  11. XL+

Indeed :cool:. But my retirement ist still 20 years off and there are some familymembers that are not amused if their Daddy spends all his money for photographc equipment :D
  12. XL+

Thanks. After I´ve got back my equipment, I´ll lean one to see, if my MK II version is the reason for my AF problem. If so, I would be very unhappy. Buying the MK III version - and knowing that in 2021 or 22 an again improved and GENIUNE RF version of this lens will appear on market - would...
  13. XL+

Image quality of the Canon RF 24-105 mm F4-7.1 IS STM so good?

This is just for interest: In the German magazine "Color Foto" the Canon RF 24-105 mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens is rated 102,5 Points. (The Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM is rated 95 points, the Canon RF 28-70mm f/2 L USM is 103 points and the Canon RF 24-105 mm f/4L IS USM is 91 points). So, you get...
  14. XL+

Wonderful bird (in real also so golden?). You are using MK III. Mine is MK II. So, I am in fear, the Canon support could be right and MK II works not so well on the R5. But I am waiting for the RF version to get an genuine system.
  15. XL+

Yes, I tried almost every setting. One thing, I could not change is the adapter (I use the one with the turnable ring). This will be checked by Canon
  16. XL+

The percentage of subjects in focus is about half of the shots , if the background is plain colured. If there is some "troubled background" like trees, grass, e.g., it drops to one quarter or less. This is just feeled, not counted. Today, the service center wrote, they will check my R5 and the...
  17. XL+

The redkite was shot 1/1600, Iso 640, f5.6 The unsharp redkite was 1/1600, Iso 100, f5.6 The kingfisher was 1/3200, iso 800, F 5.6 Canon could do a lot in familarization to these new bodies, to get satisfied customers. The videos of Mr. Winston are very good. But could be expanded. My whish...
  18. XL+

I hope this is an hardware issue, but I do not be sure. I have contacted CPS, but they see the problem in my lenses - all whites are non RF. I will have to send it to Canon repair center. But in the call, I did not have the feeling the technican sees it as an hardware failure. As the camera is...
  19. XL+

Yes, I tried each case. Also with varying each parameter. Bu I do not find an solution for this problem
  20. XL+

Review: Canon EOS R5 by DPReview

Maybe in their first, not so positive video review, they were told to do so, because the Sony A7SIII was on the way.... :unsure: