Search results

1. B

EF 90mm tilt shift macro discontinued?

Update: I ended up canceling my order after waiting almost 3 months. Canon USA does a new pre-auth every 30 days to make sure your card is still active but it expires after a few days. It turns out that I'm able to get most of what I need for my product photography with a regular macro lens and...
  2. B

Update: Canon USA just charged my card so I think they might be shipping my lens soon.
  3. B

I buy and sell used sometimes too. I'm getting ready to create 3 more ebay listings today actually. I wanted to get this one new. I think because it's a somewhat rare lens, the prices weren't low enough imo to buy used but if it was discontinued I was fully prepared to buy a used one. I have...
  4. B

Thank you. I ended up putting in a back order on the Canon USA site since they would take a back order and B&H would not. I wonder if/when I'll get it. I've been wanting it for some product photography that I've been doing.
  5. B

Has the EF 90mm macro tilt shift lens been discontinued? It looks like it just went out of stock at B&H today. canon website says backordered but I doubt they'll be making any more
  6. B

Canon Japan shows off Canon’s 8K Cinema EOS camera coming in 2021

1080p is more than good enough for YouTube because most people view YouTube videos on phones or basic laptops, not like us photography nerds with nice 4k monitors. I make videos for YouTube as my main hobby and I shoot everything in 1080p even though I have a 4k camera because the files are...
  7. B

Here are some new lens images and early pricing

I paid $1899 for my EF 100-400L II back in 2018. Based on what I have seen so far with Canon RF lenses, I was expecting there to be a price premium for the new lens. $3000 is just too much for me, however, considering that the 100-500L is an f/7.1. If it was an f/5.6 maximum, I would feel...
  8. B

Here are the specifications for the Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM

ah yes, I can now see that that was the point of his question. I don't know other than to theorize that there are some limitations in the optical formula that prevent it. f/2.8 at 100mm would make it a far more versatile lens for things like portraits.
  9. B

Aperture is a ratio of how wide the pupil can open relative to the focal length. A longer lens needs a wider pupil to achieve the same f stop as a normal focal length lens. In practical terms, it's relatively easy to make a 50mm f/1.4 but it would be almost physically impossible to make a...
  10. B

I have the EF 100-400L II. If this new lens was a f/5.6 maximum I would consider it a huge upgrade over my current lens. As it stands it's gain 100mm on the long end but lose 2/3rds of a stop in the process. This translates to, almost but not quite, doubling the ISO to maintain the same...
  11. B

Canon EOS R5 pricing is still unknown, don’t believe the reports [CR0]

I think it will be priced at $4500 USD. I'm basing my opinion on the higher prices for the RF Lenses compared to EF Lenses. Look at current pricing for the RF 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 compared to their EF counterparts. This is going to be a high price system.
  12. B

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

Just out of curiosity what is the issue with Xeon processors and Premiere Pro? I owned an HP Z4 a few years ago with a Xeon processor that I used for an IT lab workstation before everything moved to the cloud. I used it to run an entire virtual environment with lots of VMs. I never tried...
  13. B

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCazZwpe2LcGpPriZxLq8TOw Mine's pretty basic.
  14. B

It actually looks pretty decent. I'm impressed.
  15. B

I'd love to check out your work. Do you have a portfolio online?
  16. B

I would estimate 5000 for a workstation with Xeon Processor, Quadro RTX Graphics card, and lots of fast ssd storage. That's not counting the monitor. B&H currently has 1 model of 8K monitor and it's 3500. Not exactly priced for hobbyists.
  17. B

How many people will actually use the 8K or high bitrate 4K modes? I still shoot everything in 1080p for my youtube channel for ease of editing and uploading. I can understand for professional productions for Netflix, etc. but for not for amateurs and youtubers. Are people mostly excited to...
  18. B

Price Drops: The Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II, Cinema EOS C200 and Cinema EOS C200B get a $1000 rebate

I'm happy to see the price drop. I've had my eye on the C100 Mark II. It would slot in nicely between my 5D Mark IV and my XA11. I still shoot everything in 1080p. For an amateur with a youtube channel it would be a great option.
  19. B

Canon Cinema EOS announcements today at 1PM EDT, and you can watch live

Has anyone noticed the price drops on the C100 Mark II and C200 today? C100 Mark II is now 2700 on B&H. C200 is now 5500. I only saw it because I have been thinking of picking up a C100 Mark II at a good price.