Search results

1. S

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

I fail to understand Canon currently... the mirrorless craze is really boring for me (nothing against mirrorless, but if I went Canon and not Sony it is because I am more interested in DSLR, like many others I suppose...). We need a 7D MkIII and a high level APSC. time to switch to Nikon? their...
  2. S

So where is the EF version of the new 50mm f/1.2?

for half price the EF one is a real bargain! and as for the R 28-70... really too heavy and costly...no way. there is nothing in the white paper showing that these new lenses are a "revolution" . Their MTF are better than their EF counterparts, that is not making the EF line "second rate".
  3. S

you have valid points there. The engineers are certainly the same. But one have to understand indeed why the 7D MkII was restrained in terms of IQ, why the 6D MkII was too more generally, why the 24-105 II is so disappointing, the new 70-200 III a near nothing compared to II etc etc... and why...
  4. S

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

indeed. from all we know, Sony is by far the first if the choice is between a ML Canon or Sony....
  5. S

So whats a 1DR going to be like

first an ultimate optical viewfinder:p:cool: second if ML would become the new standard for Canon, well the ultimate mirrorless is already existing, and his brand is Sony. Canon would not be able to do less, so the list is done;)
  6. S

The upcomming Dead of EOS DSLR / EF-line

I just killed a goat and read his entrails, and it predicts the contrary;) well I have still to understand why this particular new body will do that, knowing that Sony's offer is around since years and a majority of us did not choose it. I do a lot of sport and wild life photos, I am not...
  7. S

well...Sigma or Tamron will do it in the end if Canon doesn't...;) so stay tuned! and the current Canon one is not that bad.
  8. S

totally agree with that. it's only a matter of continuing engineering . Also the new 24-105 II was really disappointing and Sigma already proved that Canon can do far better with the excellent 24-105 Art...
  9. S

MTF comparisons, like in the white paper, are not going to convince anyone. you need a real quantum jump to get a consumer decision. the new 28-70? no way, far too costly and heavy in my taste!! and I have still an "old" 28-70 L producing most excellent results - it is still a researched second...
  10. S

the market will decide. Canon is not alone on the ef market, I doubt they are going to offer it to Sigma and Tamron! no chance! there is already a 50mm 1.2. it may be not perfect, however it works on our reflex cameras for half price of the RF one...
  11. S

I don't. And will not order anyway. Because I basically like reflex viewfinder, am satisfied with my two Canon reflexs and have already tried a Sony. Since I was not convinced, this one has no more chance to change my opinion. However I will certainly try it when I can :-) Sure this is an...
  12. S

If the EF Mount Is Phased Out, What to Do With Quiver?

nothing attract me less than an "electronic viewfinder"... the joy of the reflex camera is to see reality as it is. sometimes I see spectacles quite entirely in my viewfinder, great binoculars! as for an electronic viewfinder, we have already the digital "live view". I use it sometimes, while...