Search results

1. V

Here is the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, along with the announcement date

With F11 I expected something much closer to pancake design.
  2. V

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

There's nothing 'horrible' in F11 lens on full frame camera. It's going to be a direct competitor to popular 1" ultrazoom cameras, which have roughly the same equivalent aperture and focal length. Well, probably overall dimensions are going to be quite similar!
  3. V

Patent: Canon RF 8mm f/4 Fisheye

Google Photos does that natively after clicking on panorama. Plus lots of panorama viewer or tour maker software. Starting from that's included into PTGUI.
  4. V

I mean, the source shots shall look like this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QriMgvJFNER3TXWK9
  5. V

Thanks! You've probably misunderstood me. There're tiny black corners on 12 mm source shots, but everything is fine on resulting panoramas, unless you've really messed with camera positioning (very rare case though).
  6. V

I would respectfully disagree. If holding the end of your thread with foot, you won't ensure the fully vertical position of the thread, and your camera will float freely in random direction. The entire idea is that gravity ensures constant position of the lens' nodal point. In order to achieve...
  7. V

No, I use thin rubber ring to attach one end of the thread to the lens barrel, as close as possible to the front element (there the nodal point of 8-15 is - see this article). The another end of the thread is equipped with steel nut as a weight. I take note of some point on the ground (like...
  8. V

I shoot two vertical images with slight up-tilt, and two more images with slight down-tilt. Not using the tripod, just a thin nylon thread ending with a nut as a weight. In most cases the panoramas are stitched almost perfectly (MUCH better than with consumer-grade panoramic camera). Unless...
  9. V

Counting down my five favorite Canon digital cameras ever. Coming in at #2…..

To me it looks like EOS 6D is going to be the winner. Interestingly, I've never had the xxD camera in my possession, jumping directly to FF, and never regretted that.
  10. V

That's correct. But you only need four vertical shots at 12 mm for 100% sphere coverage. I'd owned three fisheye lenses (8 mm Peleng, 8 mm Sigma, 8-15 mm L), and in fact, the 8 mm setting is really useful only for 1.5x cropped cameras. On full frame shooting your panoramas at 8 mm wastes a lot...
  11. V

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

The answer is more than obvious. For regular user there's no difference between 24p, 25p and 30p, so he won't care about omission of 24p. But for serious video guys 24p is a workhorse framerate, and they will be forced to pay for advanced cameras (even if they could be served by cheap ones...
  12. V

The RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS is coming soon

Such a lens can be a deal breaker for those who are still reluctant about switching from EF to RF. I made a switch from EF to FE with FE 24-240 in mind. If it was today, I'd have a serious consideration about staying with Canon.
  13. V

Review: Canon EOS RP by DPReview

It's not what you usually call "Dpreview review", but just a nice video.
  14. V

5 axis IBIS coming to next Canon EOS R series camera [CR2]

But... We were told numerous times after EOS R announcement that IBIS is not necessary?
  15. V

Updated list of unreleased Canon gear

I hope that entry level EOS R will be around 1500$ and have IBIS.
  16. V

SHOTEN releases a complete series of Canon RF Lens mount adaptors

Someone who has existing manual lenses adapted to EF. And doesn't have/need native EF lenses at all.
  17. V

Review: Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

True. Luckily, there's an easy way to test both EF and mirrorless lenses on a single camera. They can either ignore in-camera corrections, or make an agreement with original manufacturer. The very latest Sigma lenses support in-camera corrections on Canon bodies.
  18. V

On DXOMark the tests are performed on EOS 5DSR and A7RII respectively. The latter has less MP. I also owned the EF24-105/4L, used it on 5D and 6D. The quality was OK for zoom lens, but not up to standards of consumer-grade primes, like 50/1.4, 40/2.8 and Tamron 45/1.8. But this lens is 13 years...
  19. V

Compared to the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II, Bryan found the RF version to be slightly sharper ... — But it sounds like "As poor as it gets". Here is (completely unscientific) comparison of DXO sharpness score vs. release year for genuine Canon EF glass (white) and Sony FE (red). Two 24-105...
  20. V

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

Sounds very reasonable. Canon still must release the high-MP EOS R body to complement new L-class RF lenses. And present 5DS cameras are outdated, waiting for replacement for too long. There's no sense in releasing both MILC and DSLR of same class with little delay, making them fight each other.