Patent: Canon RF 8mm f/4 Fisheye

VORON

EF 8-15mm F/4.0 L
Nov 23, 2017
St. Petersburg, Russia
That's a lot of spherical panos (well done)! I didn't notice any black portions that you previously mentioned can occur where there is no image coverage. Did you patch them up, or something else?
Thanks! You've probably misunderstood me. There're tiny black corners on 12 mm source shots, but everything is fine on resulting panoramas, unless you've really messed with camera positioning (very rare case though).

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Thanks! You've probably misunderstood me. There're tiny black corners on 12 mm source shots, but everything is fine on resulting panoramas, unless you've really messed with camera positioning (very rare case though).
Yes, I thought you meant in the result. I assumed there was lots of black in the initial images. It's good to know there's none in the result.

By the way, is there some "viewer" software/tool that can be used with your panos so that you can pan around (like you see when looking at travel trailers for sale) ?

Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Google Photos does that natively after clicking on panorama. Plus lots of panorama viewer or tour maker software. Starting from that's included into PTGUI.
OK - I went back and viewed some of your panos that way - it's awesome! It's humbling to me to think that a spherical pano that good could be taken with 4 pictures & no tripod on a camera that small & light, and with unobstructed zenith & nadir view, too! I've loved taking conventional panos for really hires pictures to hang on a wall, but now you've got me wondering about getting into spherical panos for the real-time user interaction they offer. I guess I'll be wondering what's the best lens for that on an upcoming R5!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0