Search results

1. K

Interview: Understanding the Canon EOS R

I cannot believe it is 2018 and Sony has not put out a DPAF camera yet. If their next camera does not have this then they are doomed and every one will switch back to canon. Sony is 5 years behind Canon when it comes to sensor technology, Canon has had this since 2013. Sony is such a ripoff...
  2. K

Lots of Talk, Very Little Solid Information About Canon's Next Cameras

The transition from Film to digital was not disruptive to camera manufactures only film manufactures. Kodak did try to respond to the disruption only the market rejected its solutions. As stated before the only major disruption to the camera industry was when they started to put cameras on cell...
  3. K

Lots of Talk, Very Little Solid Information About Canon's Next Cameras

Can we ban the use of disruptive, disruption and disrupt on this board from now on. The terms are cliché, overused and misused. They have no real meaning any more. Sony is not disrupting anything, mirrorless is not disrupting anything, and Canon is not disrupting anything. Any augment that...
  4. K

Nikon Confirms New Mirrorless System Coming in Early 2019, What About Canon?

The odds are that whatever they put out will cause countless Vloggers, Bloggers, Reviewers, and forum poster to declare that Canon is finally dead and Sony is the new King of Cameras. However it will be a nice Camera that does its job well and will probably still out sell the competition.
  5. K

Using off camera Canon speedlights with Sony camera

The Godox/Flashpoint system could be a solution for you. you would need to get receivers for the off camera flashes and a Godox Master/transmitter to control. I do not know how well it will function with the Yongnuos.... I have heard mixed review. and I do believe cross system flashes would be...
  6. K

Canon Releases 2018 Q1 Financial Results

Do you have the information for the "Analysts are forecasting 2018 as Given the market analysts graphs"? I am curious because the digital camera market is an amazing case study that I like to follow (I am a business nerd that likes taking photos) and what you are saying kind of goes against...
  7. K

The TIPA and EISA Award Winners Have Been Announced

You are probably right, I do not track other manufacture as well as Canon. Long story short I got Divorced and my ex got all the camera equipment, so I had to but a whole new kit. It was between 6d, 6DII, 5Diii, and the relative Sony Mirrorless and Nikon. The Sony did not make very far in my...
  8. K

The TIPA and EISA Award Winners Have Been Announced

First off these awards are total crap. Looking at it its seems pretty obvious they make up the category to hand out the award to each item. Canon and every other company especially tech companies have been handicapping lower products to protect higher ones forever. Sony appears to be doing...
  9. K

A Shake-up Coming to the APS-C DSLR Lineup? [CR2]

I was thinking the same thing. Canon has appeared to not have sought after the Vlogger/video market as much as the other manufactures have. A decent video-centric APS-C camera would fill in a gap as Canon continues to develop it's M lineup.
  10. K

DPReview Interview With Canon Execs, \

Your IQ suffers using primes??????? or is this a my $100 lens is not as good as a $2,000 lens augment? Please switch to Sony you are their customer base.