Search results

1. C

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Perhaps they are using the sensor architecture of the 32 mp aps-c sensor but werent able to get good yields for the sensor yet. I imagine that this could be difficult with that many pixels. Or they are banking on the next sensor architecture. The 32mp sensor (that could be scaled to 84 mp FF)...
  2. C

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Looking at what we know, we saw that there was info on canon using either a high mp sensor or stick with 45 mp. It seems they supposedly made their decision and went for the 45 mp sensor. This seems logical, as 45mp allows for: Faster Readout Less roling shutter better iso performance...
  3. C

Nikon have a 45 mp sensor since the release of the d850 in 2017. Thew z7 has 45 mp, so does the z7 ii and also the z8 and z9. Perhaps 45 mp is somewhat of a sweetspot.
  4. C

Id say its very likely a new one, at least historcally canon has put new sensors in their 5d line. Sony has a different approach here, where they only update the sensor every second generation, but their camera cycle is shorter (was 2 years, now its 3 years). With a 4 year cycle like in the...
  5. C

Its just a rumor. Lets grab a cup of tea. wait and see. Its just fun to speculate. Its rated CR2, you can get furious when its CR5 ;D
  6. C

An AI feature id love to see (if its possible) is that the camera automatically detects the best shutterspeed for a sharp image with a moving subject. Imagine you are photographing a flying bird and the camera automatically selects the slowest possible shutter speed that still gives you a tack...
  7. C

I like Christopher Frosts reviews. Most lenses are really good nowadays and his tests are a testament to that. There is a difference between being really good and fully resolving a sensor tho. Especially in the midframe and at the edges. Also we have youtube compression, so we cant even judge...
  8. C

Im sure many of canons lenses are sufficiently sharp to outresolve 45mp. Your personal experience with the r7 shows that. It doesnt mean that the lenses "fully" resovle 60 mp tho. It just means that there is a sharpness increase if you go above 45 mp. Im sure its no different for other...
  9. C

Im not in favor of subscriptions too, but if i can get a better product because of that, then im willing to pay. If you have all the lenses and cameras you want, then more money wont give you better photos (exluding travel etc.). This could be a way where investing more money could help me take...
  10. C

Thats true. I agree with you. Im the first person in favor for high mp and i personally do hope for canon to go 60mp. Just naming reasons they might not go for that. It seems us high mp lovers are the minority and most people would be more happy with faster readout, better video specs (no crop...
  11. C

On the Nikon side it feels to me, like the z8 is the actual successor to the d850 and z7 ii. So i believe the canon r5 ii will compete with the nikon z8. 45 mp, fast readout or stacked, 30 fps, ai features etc. seems like a good answer to that.
  12. C

Most lenses cant resolve 60mp, unless you only care for the center or stop down. We can see it on the sony side. Recently the 300gm came out and lots of people owning 400 f2.8 and 600 f4 lenses said the 300mm f2.8 is noticably sharper -> those 13k lenses didnt take full advantage of the 50/60mp...
  13. C

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

I agree, it depends on the photo. Apart from this specific foto tho, i say the bokeh does depend on the viewing distance. Here an example (not claiming its a good photo, just something i had at hand). If we look at the first image (a crop), we see the bokeh looks decently creamy. But if we look...
  14. C

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

It depends on how big you print. On a big print it can become quite obvious. Viewing size has a massive effect on the perception of bokeh.
  15. C

Theoretical and practical limits of high megapixel cameras.

It would be a first for canon, thats for sure, but we saw it with nikon now. Sensor development seems to be extremly expensive, judging by how often the same sensor technology gets reused (e.g. the reusing of the sensor in sony a7r iv and v and also the usage of the same pixel pitch/technology...
  16. C

I agree, its probably gonna go that route. I belive we can already see it with nikon and the z9 and z8. Same sensor, different body. Historyically we always had the sports bodies with better af and more fps and the higher mp bodies, but now with high mp stacked sensors both is possible, so we...
  17. C

Thats interesing. Thanks for that input. How come i can seemingly see difraction with the provided link then?
  18. C

With more extremely resolving lenses becoming available now, i actually do think that difraction is a practically limiting factor. Altough its true, that for most lenses stopping down the lens above the difraction limit will still improve sharpness. But if we take a theoretical "perfectly...
  19. C

MTF Charts vs. Sharpness in the field

I'm quite surprised that it's that sharp actually because It seems it's actually engineered for an even higher megapixel count. I thought the megapixel race might be over, at least I don't need that many more personally. Sony is in a tough spot here for the next model. If they increase the...
  20. C

MTF Charts vs. Sharpness in the field

The whatsapp compression probably doesn't help but they are extremely heavy crops (200%/300%) with a 61mp sensor. Keep in mind that it means it's Zooming in way further into the picture than a 200% zoom in on a 45 mp sensor. It's just to show sharpness. If I downscale to 45 mp or just view it...