Search results

1. D

Canon R3 Review Balanced Against R5, R5C, 1DX III

Fantastic review. Super appreciated for the work and effort put into it. I’m more interested in increasing my lens collection for the R5 and waiting for the inevitable RF Full Frame c500ish
  2. D

Venus Optics announces the Laowa Argus 45mm f/0.95 FF for the RF mount

If you had your choice between this or the Mitakon Speedmaster f.95 which would you choose? Why? I’m guessing videographers would choose this lens because of the ability for in lens de clicking, pretty smart of Laowa.
  3. D

The Canon EOS R system turns 3 and Lensrentals.com gives us a breakdown of its progression

I mean, opinions vary on this. Sony did better primarily on sensor tech in my opinion which is no surprise as they are a world leader in that arena. I’m surprised they did as well as they did on lens design but it’s obvious there was a lot of reverse engineering on Canon lens design going on...
  4. D

The Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM will be announced this year [CR2]

The thrill of the hunt!!! Finally got my hands on the RF 100-500. Way more excited about getting it than if on the first day I wanted it had been in stock. Hahahaha. I never had many Xmases growing up so didn’t get to experience that “kid at Xmas feeling” thank goodness as an adult I can finally...
  5. D

Stock Notice: Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro at the Canon USA Store

I was referring to the RF100-500 but they are sold out now. So happy I grabbed one before the listing changed. It's gone back to non-prime with delivery mid-Oct, but that should mean they are expecting a shipment.
  6. D

Stock Notice: Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro at the Canon USA Store

Just picked this up from Samy's Camera in LA and also managed to snag an RF100-500 from Amazon. Still lists about 15 of those in stock for anyone fast enough to snatch them up. Were priced by a scalper at $3,500 and just this afternoon dropped to $2,799.
  7. D

What’s next for the Canon Cinema EOS line

Yeah, I love the ability to have autofocus and I can tell you that this new breed of autofocus cameras pull off shots that are pretty much impossible with a human 1st AC. My 1st AC loooovvess the abilty to use Autofocus on some of our shoots. That being said, it's not real to me that they are...
  8. D

Hey Sanj, which cameras are you referring to? I can tell you that the C70 does an amazing job on autofocus with the RF lenses as does the R5, just make sure you adjust your tap to focus speed in the menu (and if you are shooting slo mo don't forget to adjust accordingly or the pull will be...
  9. D

You do realize there are many many chocolate ice creams that are white in color and also varieties of white chocolate ice cream flavors that are also white in color. Not criticizing, just saying if that will bring joy to your life, definitely go get some of that yumminess.
  10. D

Not at all. Cinema lenses are manual focus lenses with extremely long focus throws allowing for precision focus adjustments with minimal focus breathing. Usually the are operated with a follow focus and an assistant cameraman for focus (1st AC). There are motorized follow focus wheels but to my...
  11. D

Do you mean anamorphic? If so, that would be a dream come true to have anamorphic Cine lenses from Canon, but to my knowledge they have never manufactured an anamorphic lens. Not sure why.
  12. D

Canon to announce RF mount cinema lenses alongside the Cinema EOS C300S and Cinema EOS C500S

That’d be an interesting addition for solo operators but what would be more amazing is to have that focus data spit out to be able to be interpreted by various focus motor systems even on a tap to focus basis. As long as the camera themselves are RF mount then for me it’s all golden because...
  13. D

The Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM will be announced this year [CR2]

Welllllll I just bought the R5 and some of the RF Zooms and am definitely not buying any further EF glass and I'd love to have the 35mm RF 1.2 ANNNNNDDDD the 24mm that you are talking about. lol. I love my EF glass and have zero plans to sell it. Still works great. But moving forward as I add...
  14. D

Canon to announce RF mount cinema lenses alongside the Cinema EOS C300S and Cinema EOS C500S

mmmm. I own multiple Canon Cinema cameras and have a 100% different experience than you. Maybe I'm just fortunate but over the last 7 years of Canon Cinema ownership and filming in multiple countries I have had nothing but amazing service every time I have needed it. Sure I pay a premium for...
  15. D

I think I need to start watching more heist tv series for ideas on how to get all the money I will need for this next round of cameras and lenses. But what I really wish canon would do is a set of anamorphics. They have the muscle to pull off a spectacular set of anamorphics that fall between...
  16. D

Canon to add to their Cinema EOS lineup with three new monster cameras [CR3]

Yeah that’s my biggest question honestly. I’m enjoying the C70 and just shot a 45 minute film with it which was awesome with a few quirks. But really I’m just waiting for the next iterations of Cinema cameras with RF mount as that is clearly their future mount. If that 4k 20 stops DR beast is RF...
  17. D

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

I’d say the chances of that RF14-35 being available for use by summer are zero to none based off what we saw in 2020, but why not adapt the EF L 16-35 which is still a fantastic lens? I like the Laowa offerings (And they have some great specialty lenses) but I don’t feel in sharpness or CA...
  18. D

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

Question: I seem to recall at least one version of the Canon roadmaps mentioning anamorphic rf lenses. Was that just completely incorrect? I know it wasn’t on this site, but was curious if you could shed some light on it.
  19. D

Canon Japan shows off Canon’s 8K Cinema EOS camera coming in 2021

While this is cool to be driving technology forward, I’d prefer an RF C500ii type camera with 120fps in 4K and the same C300iii DGO type sensor in full frame format. I have zero need for an 8K camera until I’m ready to film an IMAX documentary which would be epic!!!
  20. D

Patent: Canon RF 35-135mm f/2.8 and other fast zoom lenses

Also, I’m really glad you aren’t the one paying me as well so we can both agree on that. You sound like a pantry full of sweet cakes to work with. My entire point was that new technology enables photographers to work faster and get more complicated shots in different lighting conditions and...