well compact is a bit of understatement
  2. L

Stock Notice: Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM at Adorama

used it for a week water sports and it was fun lens
  3. L

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

my bet is 24mp
  4. L

Canon U.S.A. Launches a Line of 4K UHD PTZ Cameras Ready For Integration Into a Variety of Environments

at first I thought security, but it has many ports so it had to be for something else... So your explanation makes sense
  5. L

Will the Canon EOS R5s come with a pixel shift like feature? [CR2]

canon Panama is discounting the 5D MKIV like there is no tomorrow you can find it on sale at around $1500 (black friday sale)
  6. L

Will the Canon EOS R5s come with a pixel shift like feature? [CR2]

Check housing from an italian company called Easydive, when my 7D dies I will change my nauticam housing for Easydive to be able to use my 5ds, R, R5 and future bodies
  7. L

Here are different ways to cool the Canon EOS R5, watercooling and more

the recovery time waas 5 min after the mod, go watch the video again
  8. L

Here are different ways to cool the Canon EOS R5, watercooling and more

that video was a slap for Canon a simple cooper heat sink, better thermal interface and use the part of the camera you wont touche while shooting results in a more usable camera. the kicker is the recovery time, which makes it more usable.
  9. L

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70, to be announced this week.

so this means we will see cinema glass in RF mount
  10. L

Select Canon cameras can now auto-backup to Google Photos

Well I believe in redundancy I was even thinking of deploying a sinology in my office to mirror my unraid photo folder only (two local different locations and one in the cloud)
  11. L

Select Canon cameras can now auto-backup to Google Photos

Amazon doesn't support yet .CR3, but I bet they will eventually for the time being I convert to DNG and call it a day. I have a unraid server with 40 TB + amazon cloud + 1tb in lightroom cloud for WIP and a gnarbox for good measure while taking photos
  12. L

Teardown: The Canon EOS R5 gets an autopsy

put the heat pipes to places where you don't grip like the bottom of the camera (laptops get much hotter and I don't see people making a fuzz over it) and you can create more surface area at the bottom using slots (fins) With heat pipes, you remove heat much better from the component, and with...
  13. L

Teardown: The Canon EOS R5 gets an autopsy

With a magnesium body why not run heat pipes to the body itself and use it as a massive heatsink. I have been thinking also you could use the battery compartment as an air chamber with the grip, there are many ways to create a body that dissipates heat.
  14. L

Armando Ferreira: Testing out the NEW Canon EOS R5 in a real world production environment.

" Some answers for you about the Canon R5: 1. Quality is the same internal vs external up to 4K60, whether HQ or not. 2. External doesn't overheat up to 4K60 (non-HQ) for at least 3 hours. 3. External does overheat at 4KHQ oversampled 24 & 30p after 75 mins. 4. There's no 4KHQ 60p."
  15. L

Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

Enhanced EOS R system Developed next-generation full-size mirrorless camera "EOS R5" and RF lens Canon has cultivated many years of in-house development of cameras, such as CMOS sensors, video engines, and optics. By combining technology, we are developing the next-generation full-size...
  16. L

I did the translation "Canon seems to have understood that these EOS R and EOS RP were not really technologically advanced. As a result, they pull a development announcement from their hat that is fun to read. The EOS R5, which is expected to arrive later this year, will be the first...
  17. L

what language to see if I can translate properly
  18. L

Kickstarter: Peak Design Unveils The Next Generation of Camera Tripods

trying to mentally justify the price increase of the CF version
  19. L

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

I was hoping for a proper 5D MKIV replacement (unlike the R), I own a 5Ds and is a hazle to shoot at 50mp can't imagine at 70mp