Search results

1. B

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

1993 : Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM 2021 : Canon RF 1200mm f/8L IS USM Maybe loosing 1-stop aperture also means less digits in price.
  2. B

Interview: Canon addresses overheating concerns, workarounds and the Cripple Hammer

In hind sight, assuming Canon is telling the truth, a smarter move is to implement some user control for the timer based thermal management. User can have options to turn off the timer or extend it, etc. Also the camera should warn about "low heat burns" instead of "overheating" and cutoff when...
  3. B

DPReview: Canon EOS R5 and R6 overheating claims tested: cameras work as promised – but that’s not enough

Main issue is Canon insulates the R5 and R6 too well, limiting heat exchange between internal components and the body. It almost seems it makes better sense if Canon has a way to actively cool an already overheated camera. An enclosed RF mount cooling fan? :D
  4. B

Canon delays the ship date for the upcoming Canon EOS Rebel T8i/850D

This is a gross exaggeration of what is really going on. Prison? That's quite far from what I heard from my friends living in China. For the last month since the quarantine-lift, new covid-19 cases in China has been kept below a couple hundred cases a day. So besides an insignificant proportion...
  5. B

Is a Canon RF 14-28mm f/2L USM on the way? [CR1]

A trinity line with IS and another trinity line of F2.. I feel bad for Nikon and Sony shooters.. Neither is even an option for them.
  6. B

A little bit more about the upcoming Canon EOS R6 [CR2]

I bet R6 is going to be very popular and successful. While R5 does have an eye grabbing spec sheet, it won't be in most people's pockets. R5 is brilliant, yet it generates 5DS-size files at the speed no slower than any 1DX, and pride with 8K video. But few have a workflow to handle that kind of...
  7. B

Development announcement for the Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM is coming alongside the Canon EOS R5

Quite a different show from yesterday's nikon D6 announcement.
  8. B

Round-up: All of the rumored Canon gear to appear over the last week

I have a suspicion that Canon will keep the 8K30 and 4K120 modes under the same computational bandwidth. (4X pixels vs 4X fps) So with that logic 8K will not have much noticeable crop to achieve 7680 × 4320 on a 7726 x 5150 sensor, while 4K 120 will have a even larger crop than R's 4K.
  9. B

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

I'm not worried about the 1D X III sale. It's not meant for the mass public camera enthusiasts whatsoever. Even if the specs are true, professional would still buy the 1Dx III. Spec sheet isn't what they are after. The cameras pros choose are the ones they can rely on 24/7 100% of the time, and...
  10. B

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

I like 45 Mpx much more than the rumored 70 Mpx. It has better balance between efforts in post and details for my photograph, and I am sure most people don't need that much high res (unless you are Tony and need to future-proof your family photos). The rest of the specs are hard to believe...
  11. B

It’s been a while, but an APS-C equipped EOS R body gets another mention [CR2]

I had a thought like this awhile ago. For example the next EOS Rs high res camera could switch into a on-the-fly crop mode that transforms it into a mirrorless 7D III.
  12. B

Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III with bonuses and a giveaway

Good point. Perhaps we'd all be happier when Canon has it's next high megapixel R or the R II come out shooting at 10+ FPS, if they can manage that. Right now they really don't have anything to answer the wildlife photographer's needs.
  13. B

Thanks for your answer, I think it makes a lot of sense, but I think to say that Canon isn't innovating isn't exactly fair. Even mark III's huge bump in the onboard processing power, high ISO range, weight save, AF improvement, new AF-on button, 16/20 FPS, and 1000+ buffer are all exciting...
  14. B

I don't understand why some people are bogged down with the 20 Mpx vs 24 Mpx. Does 4 Mpx difference really contribute to any perceivable IQ improvement? Why is it such as deal breaker?
  15. B

Another Canon Patent on IBIS + IS

I doubt a mirrorless EF is an attractive option. No OVF for the DSLR users, nor fancy RF lens for mirrowless users. Perhaps this patent means this IBIS implementation on DSLRs is only for the liveview mode, which actually makes sense to me.
  16. B

Canon EOS R Mark II in testing [CR2]

This is exciting! Hopefully Canon will nail the ergonomics of R with a "mark II". Mark I R's ergonomics was the main reason I didn't upgrade. Coming from 5D series I can pick up just about any DSLR's Canon make (1D, 6D, X0D, even rebel) and the controls feel spontaneous when shooting. For the...
  17. B

Patent: Some crazy fast RF mount prime lenses, including an RF 18mm f/1.0L

Is there any plans for a RF 35mm 1.2?
  18. B

Cue the head spinning, The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to be 20.1mp? [CR1]

It's only 100% that the prototype seen by this source is 20.1 mpx, which 99% confirms that Canon is testing with different sensors in the field.
  19. B

Patent: Canon is working on shrinking the size of mirrorless cameras

I think this body is meant for entry-level or younger consumers, to "raise the appear of Canon's product". It is not so much a new camera as a face-lift, to win back some market share during market contraction and intense competition. Q3 report just came out. After going through some shocking...
  20. B

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

Kodak's downfall teaches many subtle lessons, but make no mistake, it was not indecisiveness that killed the once giant in imaging technology. Kodak was certain about embracing the digital camera, it invented it, invested billions into it, it even recognized that future of image lies in the...