Search results

1. DarkPhalanx

There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

The last 3 months of sales have been good for me, commission wise...lol.
  2. DarkPhalanx

There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Just awaiting the pre-order date. My cash has been getting put aside for this camera for quite some time. If it gets released later, I'll be easily able to afford 1 or 2 of the sweet RF lenses (15-35mm & 24-70mm IS) along with the body.
  3. DarkPhalanx

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R5

Can't wait to get this thing once and for all!!
  4. DarkPhalanx

A Canon camera has shown up for certification

You had 2 sides to the musclecars back in the 60's & 70"s. You had the consumer cars that were obviously geared towards quick acceleration/straight line speed. Then you had these same cars that were properly set up for SCCA and Trans Am racing, on such racetracks such as Watkins Glen, Road...
  5. DarkPhalanx

When I speak of one-upping each other, and the winner being the consumers, quality is definitely the main focus, just so that we're clear.
  6. DarkPhalanx

Being a gear-head, there is an inherently good thing about the typical "Chevy vs Ford vs Mopar" vibe. The constant goal to one up each other by the manufacturers can only be good for the end user. I am in agreement with you though. It's important now, more than ever, for Canon to come through...
  7. DarkPhalanx

R5 Release Price. Just for fun.

It is at WPPI, but it's in a viewing case and is basically just a shell (non-working unit).
  8. DarkPhalanx

Canon announces development of the EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera

https://www.techradar.com/news/canon-eos-r5-will-make-its-public-debut-at-the-photography-show-in-march
  9. DarkPhalanx

It's 61MP and it's already out...
  10. DarkPhalanx

I am curious about just one useful feature that I saw on the EOS R but hasn't been mentioned concerning the EOS R5. The sensor cover. :unsure:
  11. DarkPhalanx

Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

With those rumoured burst rates, wouldn't you think it would be advantageous to have (2) CF Express cards instead of (1) SD and (1) CF Express?
  12. DarkPhalanx

Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

I think it's plausible that he missed his lithium dosage this morning. :unsure::geek:
  13. DarkPhalanx

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

Absolutely not a problem since July is the rumoured release period. Gives me time to put the cash aside. Until then, I just keep shooting with the old rigs. :)
  14. DarkPhalanx

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

All that I know is that if this camera comes to fruition with at least 80% of the rumoured specs, I'll be picking it up. Since it is said to be a July release date, it'll be my birthday gift to myself...lol. Just a week to go until we find out. :)
  15. DarkPhalanx

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

While I understand your reply completely, I wasn't comparing the importance of the move from Manual to AF, but merely that it was an improvement in photography as we know it. For someone that uses a tripod in the majority of his photos to say that IBIS isn't important, he's correct....but it...
  16. DarkPhalanx

IBIS is not a gimmick. Neither is AF for that matter, which is almost a necessity for photography today. I am sure that there were individuals screaming "what is that AF atrocity that you speak of?" back in the day when all anyone knew was manual focus. It's called "an advancement for...
  17. DarkPhalanx

Not a problem man, I didn't perceive any rudeness. I just think the term "stepping it up a notch" is such a broad statement, that it could be virtually anything. Knowing that a lot of people instantly groaned when they saw the "No RAW video", for me that would have been the first ting they may...
  18. DarkPhalanx

New R bodies.

Not everyone will be happy with the re-design of products. If people don't like the interior of an automobile's layout, they either don't buy the car, or they buy it and adapt to the changes. I won't argue whether or not your complaints are valid or warranted, because if everyone could lodge a...
  19. DarkPhalanx

I have no idea which part of the specs you assume (32mp/12fps/IBIS) is incorrect (in whole or in part). It may be that the new camera will receive (2) CF express card slots and not just one. It could mean that it indeed would have video RAW, as opposed to the original release that said it...