Search results

1. lbeck

This is the possible Canon RF mount camera roadmap [CR2]

I feel that list is too much. IMO they simply need a 1DX replacement for the RF mount and a APS-C replacement. Once they have those two models they should stop and focus on Mark II versions of each, and more lenses.
  2. lbeck

Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R1 development [CR2]

I’ve been blown away by the R5’s autofocus system, it’s unlike anything I’ve used before and allows you to get a much better hit rate. If the R1 will have an even better autofocus system than the R5, you can count me in. I want one.
  3. lbeck

Rumors of a Canon EOS R5c and EOS R5s [CR1]

This is exactly what Sony does with their A7 series, and there is no shame in Canon following that product lineup. The problem is high end video and high end photography require two different sets of focused technology inside the camera. So yeah, this makes perfect sense to have a video focused...
  4. lbeck

Is the ultimate astro lens coming? Another RF 14-21mm f/1.4L USM mention [CR2]

+1 for the 50 1.2 It’s razor sharp wide open, stop down a few and it’s simply ridiculous.
  5. lbeck

Is the ultimate astro lens coming? Another RF 14-21mm f/1.4L USM mention [CR2]

Sign me up, no doubt. I’d imagine this will be more than the 28-70, I’d guess $3499.
  6. lbeck

Anyone in the US buy a RF 70-200 2.8 IS recently?

Curious about the exact type of AF issue you were having with the first copy?
  7. lbeck

The Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM announcement draws closer

I hope the 50 1.8 is as small and light as the classic nifty fifty.
  8. lbeck

Teardown: The Canon EOS R5 gets an autopsy

Imagine when people start using the R5 to take real pictures and video instead of stupid half baked tests with YouTube analysis for the masses. That'll be the day ...
  9. lbeck

Patent: Optical formulas for Canon RF macro lenses

Man I hope these come soon, I’d prefer the 100 or 180, and it’d be great if one of them did more than 1:1 mag, I’d love a 1-5x like their manual focuse MP-E 65
  10. lbeck

Canon officially announces the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM and new firmware for the EOS R and EOS RP

No, this is incorrect. To start they are not the same sizes, the new RF lens are slightly larger and slightly heavier. They are close in size, so much that most won’t notice a difference in hand. But the RFs are larger and heavier somewhat. Check the EF sizes on the-digital-picture.com ...
  11. lbeck

Specifications and pricing for the Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS and Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS

Finally!! I’ve been waiting for these two pieces of glass. Definitely buying the 15-35 on launch, might wait a bit for the 24-70. Woo!
  12. lbeck

New firmware coming for the Canon EOS R [CR1]

One thing is for sure, no matter if you love or hate Sony / Nikon / Leica / Panasonic. Olympus, etc ... competition breeds excellence. When Canon's competitors are doing things that benefit the userbase for free, (feature packed firmware udpates), eventually Canon will do the same. This goes for...
  13. lbeck

Three of the four new RF lenses are still scheduled for release in 2019

If we’re talking about mid level primes and zooms, then yes I fully agree with you. Canon is clearly going all out with top shelf glass for the RF mount first. That’s what I was referring to and feel it is about to be complete besides a 24 or 35 prime. For mid level and comparable to Sony, I...
  14. lbeck

The size/weight advantage is marketing to a degree. Mirrorless certainly allows for smaller bodies and to some degree lenses (especially if they are fixed or lower end primes), but the main advantage of mirrorless is that it allows for new mount designs, which in turn allows for amazing new...
  15. lbeck

Absolutely, as well as portable zooms (excluding the awesome 24-105). The fact that the majority of their new RF glass is professional L grade shows how serious they are about the new RF mount, which is great for us fans. In time, they will have both medium and pro grades lenses, hopefully...
  16. lbeck

Does it have the USA warranty?
  17. lbeck

I totally understand your choice to move over, I was in the same situation but decided to stay and update my gear to the RF system and wait patiently for the trinity zooms. Currently IMO the RF mount is only missing one important prime, the 24 or 35L. The 50 and 85 are already available. I had...