Search results

1. S

Date stamps all messed up on R5?

Now this is weird. I just verified I have the time and date set on my R5. When I look at the card (an SD type II) on my computer, the times of the files are all over the map, anyuwhere from August 31 to January 1 of next year. (The EXIF data seems to be correct.) For example, one image...
  2. S

IBIS--is it ON or OFF?

Apparently, if you have an image stabilized lens on the R5, and you're in any mode besides A-inside-the-square (hereafter [A]), you cannot go into the menu and turn IBIS on or off. It does appear if you have a non-image-stabilized lens, even in the other modes. So is it on or off? I am...
  3. S

Print review of R5 for stills.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/digital-camera-reviews/canon-eos-r5-review/ Seems pretty laudatory. I haven't read it in detail; I stumbled across it looking for something different.
  4. S

DPP is making things red when converting

I shot a bunch of raw files a couple of days ago, of gold coins. In order to get the color to look right, I had to go into DPP and hike the color temperature to 8000K (otherwise the actual orange-y color of the coins would just look yellow). The problem is, when I then got the software to...
  5. S

RP for $1000.00

Apparently Canon is running a standard rebate on the RP for, basically, $1000. I'm actually tempted to do it. But first I will have to handle one. (I've been able to handle an R, but not an RP.) And of course it's really $1200 because I'll want the adapter with control ring.
  6. S

M6 mk II review...

Yes, I know it's DPR review. And yes, I know they kvetch prominently about no 24p. But they do praise a lot of things. The reason I posted this is that they make one assertion I found interesting...that out of all the EF-M lenses, only the 32 mm is good enough for the sensor. (Almost as if...