Search results

1. nonac

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

I'm just happy to see two cards! I didn't buy the first version because it only had a single card slot.
  2. nonac

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

Well we are moving in the right direction, it can detect heads now. We'll catch up to the rest of the pack that can detect eyes at some point (without live view). Maybe two iterations down the line.
  3. nonac

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

If they are not boosting the resolution, it better have some much improved low light ability or I'm not upgrading.....from a series 1.
  4. nonac

5.9K RAW video recording still a possibility for the EOS-1D X Mark III

I'm a sports shooter, why not make a sports still image camera and a video camera? I have never used video ever on any of my DSLRs? How much extra are those that just shoot stills paying for something they don't use. I know I cant be the only one.
  5. nonac

New Monitor

In the market for a new photo editing monitor: Budget $1,500 or less. Size 27" minimum. Prefer USB C to use with MacBook Pro. I would appreciate any suggestions.
  6. nonac

Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

This HEIF format sounds like a space saver that may speed up my workflow. I hope Camera Bits (Photo Mechanic) and Adobe (Lightroom) work on the comparability since they are both in my workflow for quickly editing sports shots.
  7. nonac

Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

Bring it! I'm ready to pre-order.
  8. nonac

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

I shoot freelance sports for media outlets that have time deadlines. If a card fails, I don't have time to try and recover the information. And yes, I have had cards fail before.
  9. nonac

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

I quit paying attention after discovering it only has one card slot, a non-starter for me.
  10. nonac

Shutter issue??

I needed a new shutter. Mt Spokane Photography, yes the problem was worse the higher the shutter speed. Just for reference, the new shutter with my 30% CPS discount cost me $290, without the discount and free shipping, it would have been about $420.
  11. nonac

Shutter issue??

Notice the banding on the far left side of the frame. Does not happen on every shot. Does not happen on any horizontal shots. Shot with 1dx and 400mm f/2,8L III.
  12. nonac

EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III availability

Amazingly, after being told by Canon just yesterday that they had no idea when it would be in stock, it showed up today at two retailers. Ordered.
  13. nonac

EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III availability

I contacted Canon USA yesterday regarding the availability of this lens because it is nowhere to be found, it even notes backordered in the Canon store. I guess when they released it in December there must have been two of them???? Anyway, just FYI, they replied today indicating they have no...
  14. nonac

What’s next for the Canon EOS R system and the rest of the lineup?

I think we will learn a lot more about a pro body after the 2020 Olympics. I have no plans to replace any bodies prior to then. I would like the new 400mm f2.8L III, but I don't even know what to do there. Will there be an R version of this lens in 2-3 years???? Who knows.
  15. nonac

Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

I know that I won't be upgrading any bodies or lenses for the next year or two until I have a clear vision of where Canon is headed.
  16. nonac

Stock Notice: Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III in stock at Adorama

I’ll be curious to see the tests to determine if there is any difference in IQ. If not, I’ll be buying a V2 for $3K less. Not concerned with the weight as I’ll always be using it on a monopod or tripod.
  17. nonac

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

I’ll borrow one from CPS after they are released and try it out. The first one I actually buy though will need a dual card set-up, so the wait continues.
  18. nonac

Canon officially announces the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III & EF 600mm f/4L IS III. The worlds lightest lenses of their kind

Looking forward to the arrival of the 400 and the subsequent reviews. I'm in the market for this lens. If the weight is the only major difference with little to no difference in IQ, I'll snag version II. I don't mind the weight. I hand hold my 300 2.8 shooting basketball and volleyball all...
  19. nonac

Time for a playful topic! What's in your two lens bag?

Mine varies depending on what I'm shooting. With that said, the 70-200 2.8 is almost always one of the two in the bag going out the door.
  20. nonac

Whoop here it is ; ad600 PRO

I just bought two of thee and they arrived today. These are the first moonlights I have owned, used 600ex-rt speed lights prior. I played around with these all afternoon and I can tell that I will really enjoy these, especially when strobing HS sports in gyms where I use the speedlights now...