Search results

1. Don Haines

That’s all folks, for me anyway. Canon Rumors will live on.

Very sad to hear this. (((((((()))))))) All I can say is that if you and your family are ever up in this end of the woods, stop by and let's go out for a paddle in the canoes
  2. Don Haines

best camera for a toddler

I’d go to your local camera store and look for an M camera that came in on trade.....
  3. Don Haines

How to Focus stars?

I put the camera in live view, let it focus on something far away, and the flip the lens switch to MF.
  4. Don Haines

Is the EOS 7DII being discontinued?

Of course they will.... Why bother to hold onto a line which outsells the R cameras? Seriously though..... it is the Rebel line that I expect to eventually disappear, being replaced by the equivalent M bodies....
  5. Don Haines

Show your Bird Portraits

Yes.... they are known for that..... we also have bad tempered geese and for some strange reason the wild turkeys are able to chase the city dwellers out in the suburbs. The last time a turkey chased me it ended up on the BBQ.
  6. Don Haines

Show your Bird Portraits

One of the signs of spring here is the arrival of the redwing blackbirds. The ground is still snow covered and the ice out back is 4 feet thick.... and it just started snowing!
  7. Don Haines

Coronavirus and Canon production

Yeah.... does not make sense! i have been stocking up camping food for the summer. I make huge pots of things like chilli or spaghetti sauce, freeze half, and the rest through the food dehydrator..... just like I have done for the last 40 springs.... no hoarding here, as a canoe tripper it is...
  8. Don Haines

Coronavirus and Canon production

around here, the only hoarding (so far) seems to be hand sanitizer and face masks. the shelves seem to be full at the local stores..... that said, I think I will stock up some emergency supplies on the way home tonight, no beer left! I think I will pick up a case of Corona :)
  9. Don Haines

RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM

Nice shots. i agree with you, if you are in the situation where you are limited as to how much gear you can take along with you, a lens like that becomes golden! You don’t see a lot of people on multi day backpacking trips with an array of prime lenses :)
  10. Don Haines

Show your Bird Portraits

nice shot! I haven’t managed to get decent shots of the young, but yes, the red crest on the top of the head is certainly not as vibrant as the adults. When you catch them in the sunlight it has to be about the most vibrant red I have seen in nature..... even the cardinals look dull by comparison!
  11. Don Haines

Show your Bird Portraits

My friend is back....
  12. Don Haines

RF TC = RF-RF or RF-EF?

If you use a RF to Rf teleconverter, could you then put on a Rf to Ef converter and then you would not have to worry about the teleconverter hitting the rear of any EF lens.....
  13. Don Haines

Wildlife/Sports/Airshow Lens

I have no personal experience with it, but I am led to believe that the 400F2.8 plays VERY well with the 1.4 teleconverter, and plays well with the 2X teleconverter. The 600F4 is supposed to be almost as good, but with more reach. Reach is all important with distant wildlife. If it were me...
  14. Don Haines

Deep Sky Astrophotography

Well done!
  15. Don Haines

Canon's Downsizing of 86 Authorized Dealers

I wonder how much of the sales comes from a very few online sites? I know that in the States B&H and Adorama take a big chunk, in Canada it seems to be Camera Canada and Henry’s....
  16. Don Haines

Canon officially announces the development of the RF 100-500 f/4.5-7.1L IS USM, 1.4x and 2.0x extenders

Yes! the 400F5.6 sold well, I would have added a 500F5.6 to my kit....
  17. Don Haines

do we need 8K?

Didn’t we go through this with 4K, and before that with 2K?
  18. Don Haines

Canon officially announces the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

Exactly! Right now, of all the cameras in the Canon lineup, the one that appeals to me the most is the M6II. It is small and light! Sometimes that counts more than everything else. Yes, for some people F2 primes are the way to go, but others either can’t afford them, or don’t want to carry the...
  19. Don Haines

Canon officially announces the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

Wow! A $400 lens is not as good as a $1000 lens! Who would have guessed?
  20. Don Haines

Canon Launches New Camera Cloud Platform – image.canon

This is the start. Look for more cameras in the future supporting this, and look for better features in the future. Now your next camera has an off site backup! If your memory card dies, or your camera gets stolen, you still have the images!