Search results

1. rhysb123

Sensor Cleaning - DIY Method

Hi, thanks for that. Just tried a rocket blower, Still a few stubborn bits, I'll see how I get on next...
  2. rhysb123

Sensor Cleaning - DIY Method

Hi, I've just picked up an 'old' 1D mk ii N (for a very good price), it's great, but the sensor needs a clean. Q - the best DIY kits?? I've looked on Amazon.co.uk but I'm overwhelmed with the choice! Any advice? Cheers Rhys
  3. rhysb123

A cheap 10D - ??

I've posted quite a few posts here on my site: http://rhysbaker.com/folio/
  4. rhysb123

A cheap 10D - ??

Hello again, 10D arrived, I've had a play... ... I Hope to post some images either tomorrow or the weekend. First impressions: Solid. Really solid. With the original Canon Grip this feels good. Weighty, robust and is nothing other than top quality build (I imagine back in 2003 this was a BIG...
  5. rhysb123

A cheap 10D - ??

Hello, Thanks for all the input. I've taken the plunge and got the 10D. My other main cameras are a 5D mk2, 6D and 1DS mk2, I don't expect the 10D to compare to any of these. In the past I've had a 20D, 7D and 400D. A large part of me just wants a 'back to basics' DSLR, something to 'just...
  6. rhysb123

A cheap 10D - ??

@KateH Thanks, I didn't know that, thankfully I don't have any EF-S so no worries there. Cheers
  7. rhysb123

A cheap 10D - ??

Hello, I have the chance to purchase a 10D plus original grip for £50. I'm after a 'knock about' camera, something that hasn't cost me thousands of pounds to buy or replace. I won't use it for anything serious, simple stuff like in the park, out with the kids etc. The question - what are...
  8. rhysb123

Canon 5D mk2 Firmware

Hi, Thanks all. Mt Spokane - I think you have the nail on the head... I'm not having any problems which is why I've not bothered before. Perhaps I'll leave it as it is! Can anything go 'wrong' if I decide to update? Rhys
  9. rhysb123

Canon 5D mk2 Firmware

Hi, A quick Q, please excuse my naivete on this one... ... my 5D mk2 has Firmware 1.1.0, checking the Canon website there is a current version of 2.1.2 Do I update? Can I just jump from 1.1.0 to 2.1.2? How to I actually do the update? (Download onto CF and install from there?). Please...
  10. rhysb123

Sigma 35mm 1.4 - Great on 5dmk2 but not 6D - Normal?

So pleased it's not just me! It's working really well on the 5dmk2 :)
  11. rhysb123

Which lens is better for Street Photography, the EF 40mm STM or EF 50mm 1.8 II?

Because of the size, weight and IQ. IQ was superb
  12. rhysb123

Which lens is better for Street Photography, the EF 40mm STM or EF 50mm 1.8 II?

I had the 40mm, sold it the other week to get the Sigma 35. Really, REALLY miss the 40mm (even though the 35 is great!).
  13. rhysb123

Sigma 35mm 1.4 - Great on 5dmk2 but not 6D - Normal?

Hi, I got the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 last week, tested it on my 6D... hmmm, really front focuses, using micro adjustment has more or less sorted it out. But, when I tried it on my 5Dmk2... spot on! No micro adjustment needed! Is this normal? Can a lens front focus on one camera body but not on...
  14. rhysb123

It's all gone a bit dry...

Hi, For a while after and during summer I had plenty of enquiries for weddings in 2015 and 2016. But now everything seems to be 'dry', I know that the (main) wedding season has finished (more or less). I'm getting no emails, no calls, no responses to my follow-ups... is it just me?? (I'm in...
  15. rhysb123

Canon branded T-shirts?

Hi, Does anyone know where I could purchase Canon branded T-shirts in the UK? (Or Europe). Thanks R
  16. rhysb123

Change Canon 17-40mm f4 L for Sigma 35mm f1.4??

Thanks everyone! You've all given plenty of food for thought. I'm thinking that to ditch the 17-40mm wouldn't be a wise move, having the WA on full frame is too useful to loose. What I need is the 35mm in ADDITION to everything else! More gear !! Thanks all.
  17. rhysb123

Also maybe worth noting that I have a cropped body with 17-85mm as my back-up to my back-up, for those moments when I need something a bit moe WA than 35mm this could save the day (after a ten hour wedding I average only 4 or 5 or 6 shots at anything wider than 35mm that make it to final edit...
  18. rhysb123

@Eldar - thanks for the reply. Interesting about the AF issues, I'm going to look into that one, anyone else experiencing the same?
  19. rhysb123

Hello, Here's the situation: I shot a mix of things, weddings (and portraits), documentary and street. I currently have a 17-40L that I use 'sometimes' but rarely, I love my primes - 40mm, 50mm and 85mm and when at weddings I hardly ever have the 70-200mm off one of my bodies (I shoot FF btw)...
  20. rhysb123

Advice for photographic venues near Whitby, UK

Saltburn, a small coastal town which is a little further North of Whitby - it's one of the most photographed places in the UK! Robin Hoods Bay. Runswick Bay. Anywhere in the North Yorkshire Moors. Staithes is a MUST, you have to visit Staithes. (I live in the North East!!) Rhys...