Search results

1. TexPhoto

Ready for the total solar eclipse? Save on solar lens filters at Adorama

I was getting some weird optical effects with multiple filter. I could not dial it out so I piled on and got some cool images.
  2. TexPhoto

Olympic Trials Surfing

3. TexPhoto

Is removing the filter from the 48mm PL-C drop in filter holder ok?

I have a few lenses that take the 48 or 52mm drop in filter. They all came with a clear filter in a holder. I have a 52mm drop in CP filter that I purchased from eBay. The two holders are a little different. The clear filter is not in a screw in mount. I did notice you can find the clear...
  4. TexPhoto

Which long lens for Japan?

The 300mm mirror produces the controversial donut bokeh. I love it, many people do-not. :D Plus it's about the size of a tennis ball so it's not taking up much room in a suitcase. I will probably use it on just one day to shoot in park or something.
  5. TexPhoto

Olympic Trials Surfing

6. TexPhoto

Olympic Trials Surfing

I am shooting for a few days the Olympic Surfing Trails in Puerto Rico. Not on assignment, just like to shoot surfing.
  7. TexPhoto

OK so my intended kit (in case anyone is interested) Main Camera: R3 Backup Camera: R in Gold. Main Lenses: 8-15mm EF Fisheye 24-105mm RF F4 100-400 RF Extra Lenses: 16mm RF 50mm F1.4 Minolta MD + Adapter. <---- First lens I ever owned. 300mm Vivitar Mirror Lens + Adapter...
  8. TexPhoto

Thanks! I think I will go with the 100-400.
  9. TexPhoto

I am taking a trip to Japan. 10 days with visits to Hiroshima, Tokyo etc. it s tour group, (not a photo group) I am taking my R3, my 24-105 f4, my 16mm f2.8, and my 8-15mm fisheye. So wide is pretty well covered. For a long lens I have the following and will only take one: 100-400 RF...
  10. TexPhoto

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

From the Leesburg Airshow 2023, a small town show a little north of Washington DC. There was some Wonderfull clouds and the light changed dramatically in different parts of the sky and over time. There were all shot with an R3 and a 100-500 RF lens.
  11. TexPhoto

M10 won't work with Manual lenses?

The M10 does not have a grip, which is a good thing with this lens. The M10 is light in weight making this feel awkward though. Front Heavy.
  12. TexPhoto

OK so my 1st test images. This thing is wide! Much wider than the 8-15mm fisheye. That's a big plus. On the downside, the image circle is small even on th 1.6X cropped sensor of the M10. You can see it does not come real close to the top and bottom of the Frame. I'm holding the camera with...
  13. TexPhoto

Thanks, that lens is available for the RF mount and they are both listed as being 4mm lenses. But 7atrizans claims 225 degrees wide, and Venus Optics says 210. Here is a video where a comparison is done, and they do find the 7artizans lens to be noticeably wider. :
  14. TexPhoto

Thank you, yes, there was a setting for operation with no lens. Custom Functions III.2. I had searched the manual for "no lens" and "manual lens", but Canon uses "w/o lens" lens to describe the setting. The camera is now taking photos. I will try to find a good subject tomorrow and report...
  15. TexPhoto

I purchased a 7atrizans 4mm fisheye lens. It's the widest fisheye lens available at 225 degrees. I did not have a camera in ANY of the available mounts, but I'm a canon shooter so I chose the EF-M line. I purchased a used M10 body on eBAY. The lens fits just fine and of course is a manual...
  16. TexPhoto

MF Fisheye Lens Recommendations: TTArtisan or 7Artisans?

I have not, but there are video reviews. Not on Canon, but as the lens is fully manual, that should not make a difference.
  17. TexPhoto

So I bought a 200mm f1.8 and...

Thanks for the responses. I had a chance to use the lens in a photoshoot over the weekend. Engagement photos for my nephew. The lens worked great and the photos are stunning. I shot with the EF 70-200 f2.8 III as well and had a chance to compare them. The 70-200 was a little faster, but the...
  18. TexPhoto

So I bought a 200mm f1.8 and...

I bought a 200mm f1.8 on eBay. Described as working perfectly and cosmetically near perfect. Shipped over from Japan. It looks GREAT. Cosmetically its a 9.9 out of ten. And it works, but it autofocuses in a strange manner. It finds AF, but then seems to dance around it, and it makes noise...
  19. TexPhoto

I've made a tripod mount for the 600/800 RF lens

Very cool to make something like that. There are great little lenses for the cost, but they lack a few features like this.