Search results

1. T

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

I still have my FTb bodies and love the way they look. The AE-1 is very similar, so that’s the one I’d pick. One change I would make is adding a little more grip. Today’s lenses are often much larger and heavier than what we used in the old days. Or what we could afford to use, anyway! Need...
  2. T

Is a Canon RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS on the way? [CR1]

Maybe just part of Canon’s general policy to offer f4 and f2.8 versions of all their L zooms. Logical if you think of it that way.
  3. T

A rare Canon FD 24mm f/1.4 S.S.C. Aspherical hits the next Wetzlar Camera Auction with a starting bid of €6,000

According to the interwebs that $1300.00 original selling price would be about $7000.00 in today’s dollars. I can’t imagine there were too many people willing and able to plunk that down back then. The U.S. was in a recession with double-digit inflation then too. No wonder it’s so rare.
  4. T

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R7, Canon EOS R10 and two new RF-S lenses

Well, huh. Seems there’s nothing much to see here. Couple of new R-series Rebel cameras. Was hoping for something better from the R7. Even the xxD cameras have vertical grips available. Deal killer.
  5. T

A new EOS R system camera is coming in January [CR2]

Sony sensor. Definitely. Gonna. Butthurt. The. Boyz.
  6. T

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

Well, we shall see. We shall see…
  7. T

So when is the Canon EOS R3 coming?

This. Definitely.
  8. T

Get closer, with images larger than life, using the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

Also, and perhaps most importantly, smaller sensors give more effective depth of field, which is extremely important in macro work.
  9. T

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

What about autofocus? Would an f/11 lens autofocus?
  10. T

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

These would be for people who like diffraction-softened images with shake-induced blur and/or high-iso noise.
  11. T

Another Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L IS mention [CR2]

Um, is there some reason they couldn’t have developed two versions?
  12. T

Stock Notice: Canon Store Restocks Popular Refurbished Lenses Plus 10% Off

Re: Stock Notice: Canon Store Restocks Popular Refurbished Lenses Yep. Me too.
  13. T

Canon W-E1 Wifi Adaptor Confirmed

Sheesh, who's this guy? Talkin' like a crazy person. Must be some sort of nut! :o
  14. T

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to be 30mp? [CR1]

Who buys a $3500 camera and presumably many thousands of dollars worth of lenses and ancillary equipment, and then gripes about a couple of hundred dollars for storage?
  15. T

A Canon DSLR First Coming to EOS 5D Mark IV [CR2]

Hmm...focus peaking/zebra stripes type stuff, maybe? Or does the 1D-C already have that?
  16. T

Patent: Canon EF 11mm f/4 Optical Formula

And the 300 f4, 400 f4, 400 f5.6, 500 f4, 600 f4, and 800 f5.6 ;)
  17. T

Interesting old 80D rumor in light of the actual published features

I'd say that's almost a sure thing. Why in the world would they not? Of course this is just the type of "no brainer" that Canon gets stubborn about sometimes, so... We'll see.
  18. T

Preorder: Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD

I was thinking the price was ridiculous. Double the cost of the Canon 85 1.8. Granted this is a new lens design and includes IS, but still...double? For a 3rd party lens? And a Tamron at that? Really? DOUBLE??? I think not.
  19. T

Canon's Next ConnectStation to do 4K and Wireless Charging

Pointless for any device with replaceable batteries. You'd have to leave your camera on the charger. Defeats the whole purpose.