Affected with GAS, Gear Acquisition Syndrome

wsmith96 said:
mackguyver said:
For all of those afflicted with GAS, I'll offer some assistance. You can charge all of your gear to my credit card. The number is 37 - oh wait, I have to run - will give you the rest of the number later...

still waiting...... :)
Interesting story, actually - one of my cards has been compromised twice since I posted this link. Whoever was gambling in Macau and buying guns in Wyoming, needs to turn themselves in to AMEX. Same with the other person that ran up 2 x $200 bar tabs at 2 bars next door to each other in Miami...in the space of 2 hours.

Next time, be a little smarter and use the card at B&H so they won't catch on ;)

Upvote 0
wsmith96 said:
Ouch - sorry to hear that. Hopefully you weren't on the hook for any of that.
Nope, not at all, though I was the one who caught the second set of fraudulent charges, not them. Luckily AMEX has great customer service, though one pays quite a bit for the privilege.

Upvote 0
I need help! Spring is in the air and I am coming down with GAS, I am spending to much time looking at lens reviews....how can I rid myself of this affliction?..?

Depending on were you are in life:
1) Get a Significant Other
2) Get engaged
3) Get married
4) Have kid(s)
5) Buy a house (or a bigger one with a bigger yard)
6) Buy a new car
7) Send a kid to college
8) Have a kid get married
9) See a financial adviser about retirement planning

All have been shown to work well as vaccinations against GAS. They work by removing the basic resources needed for GAS to get started. The effects of some last longer than others, and some require boosters every few years.

Upvote 0

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
Lurker said:
I need help! Spring is in the air and I am coming down with GAS, I am spending to much time looking at lens reviews....how can I rid myself of this affliction?..?

Depending on were you are in life:
1) Get a Significant Other
2) Get engaged
3) Get married
4) Have kid(s)
5) Buy a house (or a bigger one with a bigger yard)
6) Buy a new car
7) Send a kid to college
8) Have a kid get married
9) See a financial adviser about retirement planning

All have been shown to work well as vaccinations against GAS. They work by removing the basic resources needed for GAS to get started. The effects of some last longer than others, and some require boosters every few years.

Adding to the list:
10) Get an expensive divorce
11) Get unemployed
12) Get an illness that lasts

All of those will take care of the problem. After a few years you will start to contemplate the possible nutritional value in your neckstrap and the lens caps...

Upvote 0