Cheeky Yongnuo introducing YN85mm F1.8R DF DSM II

For anyone looking for 3rd party RF lenses with AF. The glimpse of hope is down to Yongnuo again.

Earlier on this year they re-introduce the YN85mm F1.8R DF DSM onto their official website and Taobao(the domestic version of Aliexpress, and it's much better than Aliexpress but PRC only due to the payment methods). They named to mount as 多規格(Multi-spec) to get away from Canon China's legal action.

And now they introduce the mark ii with movable electrical contact points to evading Canon's legal team further... And other manufactures should consider this as Canon didn't patent the RF design in this way:ROFLMAO:

1702264877310.png
Source: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1pu4y137a8/

Sadly, the pricing outside of China is ridiculous, it's not competitive enough to get them instead of Canon's. Unless you have someone know how to buy it directly from Taobao or Yongnuo's official site.
And my personal advice is for RF users that doesn't have IBIS. it's not worth it to get it over native options.

1702266313093.png 1702266375478.png

Myself has the original batch of YN85 and YN35.

YN85 is perfect, no issue with the lens' performance and firmware updates.

YN35 is somewhat a letdown as the Servo AF with subject recognition on is not reliable enough. When using Human/Animal/vehicle recognition but no such subject in frame. It won't go back to normal servo AF and focus hunt everywhere across the frame. And the AF area is smaller(but bigger than f11 Duos). Forcing myself to switch it off or use Single shot AF only. No issues on video AF though.

1702265925285.png

Enough rant from myside. Praying Viltrox and other CN 3rd parties to do the same on the lens mount, so those APS-C primes can be available for RF-S as well. (16/50mm f1.8, 23/27/33/56/75mm)

btw Meike 85mm f1.4 RF when???? Was that just fake news?

Reactions: 1 user