Any New Bodies in Sochi?

beckstoy

Take The Shot, Man!
CR Pro
I've been watching the Olympics and in years past, I've occasionally noticed photographers carrying interesting (and new) gear which ends up on store shelves shortly thereafter.

I was wondering if anyone had noticed a possible 7DM2 or other bodies they didn't recognize during any of the coverage viewed. Anyone see anything?

KT

Feb 2, 2012
That would be a stretch to be able to spot a new 7D Mark II on your Hi-Def TV but maybe if you are there, standing in the middle of a gaggle of pro photographers you could spot such an elusive camera. I think the arrival of the Sony alpha 6000, Fujifilm X-T1 and Panasonic GH4 have given Canon a serious pause. These are all very capable cameras being offered at a very reasonable price. The sluggish AF that used to be the achilles heal of mirrorless cameras is no longer a handicap. Repackaging the sensor from the 70D into a weather-sealed body and adding a few extra AF points and DIGIC 6 processor just won't cut it any more. Canon really needs a major technology breakthrough to re-establish their dominance in the advanced /serious amateur segment.

Upvote 0