Black & White

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Please, no more snow, we had enough this winter.

:D
a050.gif

Nice shots, dpc. I especially like the last picture.
d055.gif

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Please, no more snow, we had enough this winter.

:D
a050.gif

Nice shots, dpc. I especially like the last picture.
d055.gif

I dunno....its in the mid to upper 90's here for couple weeks.....AC has been running non-stop since about end of April.

Snow looks nice right about now.....closest I can get to that is to go hit the sno-ball stands....
;)

cayenne

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I'm curious, DPC....do you go out intending to shoot B&W...or do you shoot and just find the ones that would react nicely to B&W.

Thanks,

cayenne

Primarily the latter, Cayenne. I should think more about how scenes will look in black and white. I'm trying to train my brain to think more in this direction.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Primarily the latter, Cayenne. I should think more about how scenes will look in black and white. I'm trying to train my brain to think more in this direction.

Thank you dpc!!

Yeah, I'm basically the same way....I shoot always for color, and often, it is usually the shot I can't quite "fix" in post, that I then start to play around with B&W as a method to rescue an image I like but might have colors/lighting I just can't seem to 'fix'.

I really started doing that on concert shots I took...often with harsh red or blue spotlighting, etc....I could make it a cool image in B&W, when I could not get color results I liked.

THAT being said, Im hoping on the next month or two when I get a bit more photo time...I wanna pick like a weekend and shoot ONLY with B&W in mind. Like you mentioned, I want to try to train my brain to look for interesting subject and look at things like contrast in the scenes, and try to compose for that.

I was thinking maybe to set the color profile to B&W on the camera when shooting those days....just so I can see the previews on the camera back in B&W. I know I can still get a color shot out of it, but thought by only reviewing the shots on the camera in black and white....might help me train my brain so to speak.

Anyway, I've really been enjoying your imagery, please keep posting!!!

cayenne

Upvote 0