500px.com
M16, the eagle nebula, 6 hours integration time, 36*10 min
with canon 700da, canon 500 f4 is and neq6pro
autoguiding with asi120
software iris then photoshop

alexthegreek

EOS M50
Apr 17, 2015
Hi guys this is alex with another noob question...I hope you enjoy this one...
Milky way season has started so I had my first shooting with a tracker.It went great exept that
as the galaxy rotated, light polution low at the horizon crept in from the bottom right.The galaxy
has the framing I wanted but the light polution is tilted.Any solutions to that?Post or while shooting?
Here's the image

Attachments

rfdesigner

EOS 6D MK II
Sep 12, 2014
New Forest, UK
sites.google.com
alexthegreek said:
Hi guys this is alex with another noob question...I hope you enjoy this one...
Milky way season has started so I had my first shooting with a tracker.It went great exept that
as the galaxy rotated, light polution low at the horizon crept in from the bottom right.The galaxy
has the framing I wanted but the light polution is tilted.Any solutions to that?Post or while shooting?
Here's the image
nice shot, light pollution is par for the course.. you can get a clip in filter for the DSLR such as

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/astronomik-cls-ccd-deep-sky-light-pollution-filter-canon-eos-clip-fit.html

(not connection, just googled clip in light polliution filters, I knew they were out there)

There are various programs that do a good job removing things like this. I still use IRIS which is a nightmare to learn. I've tried photoshop but if you care about reality in your astro shots (I do) then it really feels like cheating (IRIS is good at getting a real data, rather than pretty pictures). Pixinsight is very good and when my scope gets back up and running will be what I migrate to for the pretty stuff.

alexthegreek

EOS M50
Apr 17, 2015
thanks for taking the time to reply rfdesigner
unfortunately I can not use the clip on filters as they are not ef-s compatible and my lenses are all ef-s.The image I posted is a not the final but a quick stretch to show the problem and it will be used as a background for a composite.To be honest I don't mind the LP near the horizon for landscape astro stuff but my problem is the tilt

weixing

EOS 7D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
Hi,
Look really different from visual and shorter exposure image... the swan is gone. :eek:

Have a nice day.

scyrene

EOS 5D MK IV
Dec 4, 2013
UK
www.flickr.com
telemaq76 said:
my first picture made from a video, with a small camera asi120 on my canon 500f4+tc1.4 III
Fab! How did you mount that camera to the lens? Are there adaptors available? I tried the other way, mounting a DSLR onto a telescope, but the results were inferior (mostly because I was limited to HD video with no 1:1 magnification on the sensor).

telemaq76

EOS 80D
Jan 16, 2014
500px.com
yes a 45 euros adaptator, canon ef lens to asi camera works only with Ef lens, not efs.
the asi120 is a 170$ camera, the sensor is so small, the crop is huge .

scyrene

EOS 5D MK IV
Dec 4, 2013
UK
www.flickr.com
telemaq76 said:
yes a 45 euros adaptator, canon ef lens to asi camera works only with Ef lens, not efs.
the asi120 is a 170$ camera, the sensor is so small, the crop is huge .

PS - and apologies if you've mentioned this elsewhere in the thread - how are you tracking your targets? I've not yet found a mount that worked easily for me :/