Links to a good, general purpose Model Release Form? Advice on forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Hi all,

Does anyone have a link to a good general purpose model release form?

I'm starting to shoot some folks for headshots and even some video for auditions for things here in New Orleans. Starting with friends right now...trading my services for using resulting images to build my portfolio.

I know I need to get some type of model release form signed by them giving me full rights to do as I need with the photos I shoot and give them.

Can someone give me some advice on what a Model Release form needs to say, and where I could find one to download off the net?

Thank you in advance,

cayenne

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
cayenne said:
Hi all,

I'm starting to shoot some folks for headshots and even some video for auditions for things here in New Orleans. Starting with friends right now...trading my services for using resulting images to build my portfolio.

I know I need to get some type of model release form signed by them giving me full rights to do as I need with the photos I shoot and give them.

Can someone give me some advice on what a Model Release form needs to say, and where I could find one to download off the net?

Thank you in advance,

cayenne

Lots on net, iphone ap. Are you just CYA or seriously worried about being sued? Who will request the release - check with them.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
RGF said:
cayenne said:
Hi all,

Thank you in advance,

cayenne

Lots on net, iphone ap. Are you just CYA or seriously worried about being sued? Who will request the release - check with them.

Well, the one thing I got from the list here, drilled in my head, and other sources is...if you intend to sell or make $$ off your images of people, you MUST get and keep on file model release forms??

I see that stock footage sites will not accept images without accompanying model release form.

Still looking...does anyone have a link to a form online they know of, that covers the bases or that you use?

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I have been looking into possibly trying to become a contributor on istockphoto, and their site says they accept this particular app fully:

http://www.applicationgap.com/

I've yet to every actually purchase any type of content or app from Apple or Android stores...but I might go for this one. Unfortunately you have to buy it twice if you want it on both platforms, but I figure $20 for the two of them, might be worth it for me....

cayenne

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.