Preorder the Canon EOS Rebel T8i and Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM

CanonFanBoy

Really O.K. Boomer
Jan 28, 2015
Irving, Texas
It's relevant because it shows what kind of value you can potentially get out of a lens.
Value is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, the Nikon you are talking about is 200-500 (so missing 100mm at the short end) and is made for DSLR, weighs 5 lbs, and runs a 95mm filter thread. As a Canon shooter it is a completely irrelevant lens to me. f stop is not the only indicator of value.

Reactions: Baron_Karza

dwarven

EOS T7i
Dec 12, 2019
Value is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, the Nikon you are talking about is 200-500 (so missing 100mm at the short end) and is made for DSLR, weighs 5 lbs, and runs a 95mm filter thread. As a Canon shooter it is a completely irrelevant lens to me. f stop is not the only indicator of value.
Sure, if you're okay with spending $2k+ on a 7.1 wildlife/sports lens that's up to you. I just don't see it being a hit. It's also frustrating for me because I shoot a lot of wildlife, and this lens is likely taking up the slot of a faster super-telephoto zoom. I'd trade that extra 100mm for a faster aperture in every single shot I take.

CanonFanBoy

Really O.K. Boomer
Jan 28, 2015
Irving, Texas
Sure, if you're okay with spending $2k+ on a 7.1 wildlife/sports lens that's up to you. I just don't see it being a hit. It's also frustrating for me because I shoot a lot of wildlife, and this lens is likely taking up the slot of a faster super-telephoto zoom. I'd trade that extra 100mm for a faster aperture in every single shot I take.
It isn't taking out faster lenses. My goodness. :rolleyes: BTW: From where do you get the $2k+ figure? You also seem to be forgetting that this lens is for a broader audience than just wildlife/sports.

Reactions: Baron_Karza