The first 1DXIIs are out

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
Eldar said:
My photography friend Tom Svensson, who is a Canon Explorer, has just received his 1DXII and posted this image yesterday. This is a production model. Fingers crossed, deliveries will soon be coming our way.

Why is Canon not releasing any RAW files?? So we can examine them?

Upvote 0
Eldar said:
My photography friend Tom Svensson, who is a Canon Explorer, has just received his 1DXII and posted this image yesterday. This is a production model. Fingers crossed, deliveries will soon be coming our way.

Thank you Eldar for great information !

Interesting what's "G" in the camera name for - 1 dx mk II (G)

Upvote 0
J.R. said:
So are we going to get a review of what the DR of the Canon box is, as against the box of the Nikon D5?

Well it certainly has managed to put up a fight against some pressure to the top right corner. Was that in transit or just excitement at finally getting the production box.

And was the pic of the "production box" taken with a Canon 1DX Mark I or II - or God forbid, an iPhone?!

All the threads we could have had on CR talking about boxes. What a missed opportunity. :D

Upvote 0
GoldWing said:
Eldar said:

Will hurt sales :)

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
CanoKnight said:
GoldWing said:
Eldar said:

Will hurt sales :)

It won't. The 1Dx II is unlikely to be bought by users looking solely for low ISO DR.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
IsaacImage said:
Eldar said:

Maybe revision of the box design?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
3kramd5 said:
IsaacImage said:
Eldar said:

Maybe revision of the box design?

"G" is for GPS. For example, the 6D has (WG) and (N) versions for WiFi/GPS vs neither, the latter sold where WiFi/GPS are prohibited by country regulations.

I haven't heard of a non-GPS version of the 1D X II, but this implies there is or may be one produced.

Upvote 0