Breaking Rumor from Apple and Sony (June 13, 2023) about rebadged Sony A7-Sx high-resolution/low-light series camera

BREAKING RUMOR NEWS (June 13, 2023): Apple has asked Sony via an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) to explore an option to rebadge a Sony A7-S5 (or other future A7-Sx-number camera model) containing a high-resolution/low-light capable Exmor sensor at 120 megapixels that comes WITH PIXEL SHIFT and which will have 8192 by 4320 pixels video capture at 60 fps using pixel binning.

It will ALSO HAVE have built-in 3D LIDAR AND SONAR scanning to allow scanning and capture of 3D Volumetric data of real world objects and real world interior/exterior spaces via fully wireless control from an iPhone/iPad/Laptop and via on-body manual controls! The camera body design aesthetic was viewed by the source as being very curvacious and ergonomic in typical Apple Minimalist design language with extensive software control and a weather-resistant/rugged construction.

This new Apple-branded camera is to be built to Apple design specifications in Thailand and is to be part of Apple's future 3D scanning system which IS ALSO TO BE PART OF APPLE'S future plastic resin and metal powder 3D printing ecosystem!

This rumor is from a secretive but well-trusted European-based electronics engineering source from December 2022 who has indicated that Apple has been working on the research and development of very fast multi-color/multi-material plastic resin AND metal-powder-deposition 3D printers since 2014!

To support the 3D printing ecosystem, this new Apple-branded camera, while perfectly capable for high-end still photography and cinema/video production, has been specifically designed and made for fast, high resolution real-time color scanning of 3D objects and 3D environments which will be used for BOTH Apple-based 3D printing and VR/AR product development!

The new very-ergonomic and highly simplified body design has ALREADY been selected and created by Apple designers and will compliment the design of current Apple offerings (i.e. simple form-factor body and easy-to-use!). No official product name has been offered but one internal Apple document was seen to have the codename of "Scopas" (i.e. named after an ancient Greek Sculptor and Artist) attached to the camera body design which DOES SEEM TO POINT on a logical basis to 3D printing!

This camera will support interchangeable lenses which will PROBABLY be rebadged Sony G-Master lenses! The Apple 3D printers are supposed to be the very fastest 3D printers around using multi-material and multi-color 3D printing with three versions being developed! TWO printers will be for at-home/small-office use and can print at the volumetric sizes of 400 mm by 400 mm by 400 mm cubic volume and a 800 mm by 800 mm by 800 mm cubic volume set of 3D metal powder and plastic resin printers and a much larger INDUSTRIAL SCALE 1.5 meter by 1.5 meter by 1.5 meter set of 3D metal and plastic printers.

Raw plastic and powdered metal materials are being sourced from around the world and will be Apple-branded with easy-to-replace cartridges that allow for LONG print jobs of larger items and multiple runs of smaller items! The first Apple product test-printed in December 2022 was an advanced-cushioning-design 3D printed multi-color running shoes with multiple Apple logos imprinted on them which was seen to be worn by an Apple engineer within a high-security Apple lab-space.

These products will be one of many designs within an EXPANDED Apple Store that will have multiple categories for curated consumer and and commercial 3D product designs uploaded by individuals and companies that will be made available for sale!

The CURRENT RUMOR is to have the 3D printers manufactured in a USA-based facility in Nevada OR Utah that are currently being scouted for land purchase and upcoming construction. The new Apple camera MAY be introduced/announced at the 2024 developers conference for public sale BEFORE Christmas Season 2024. The camera will NOT be cheap to buy and will be more expensive than the Sony A7-Sx model it is based upon and the lenses will be similarly expensive due to the support for 3D LIDAR/SONAR data scanning built into the camera body itself.

The 3D printers are in current development as of June 2023 BUT a software 3D printing API WAS SEEN as part of an unreleased iPad app by an outside developer in December 2022 which means development is further along for Apple-based 3D printing than we originally thought!

It is currently believed that 2025 is when we will see the FIRST Apple-branded 3D printer announcement! It is also thought that the new Apple Vision Pro VR/AR glasses might have been part of this research and development into the MUCH LARGER PROFIT-LEVEL MARKET of on-demand plastic resin and metal powder fast-3D-printing segment which might go past $100 Billion USD per year starting around 2025!

An easy-to-use design and modeling tool for CAD/CAM/FEA/Simulation was bought from a 3rd party and expanded to Apple specifications which is to be released alongside the 3D printers! This software is supposed to be easy-to-use Final Cut Pro-like software but made for for 3D CAD/CAM/FEA/Simulation (i.e. Apple's version of CATIA but at a MUCH cheaper price!)

TLDR: New 120 Megapixel Stills/8K-Video camera coming from Apple as a rebadged/redesigned Sony A7-Sx series possibly in 2024 AND new Apple-branded plastic resin and metal-powder 3D printer hardware and 3D design software coming in 2025.

Now You Know!

V

Last edited:

becceric

Making clumsy photographic mistakes since 1980
CR Pro
Oct 30, 2016
BREAKING RUMOR NEWS (June 13, 2023): Apple has asked Sony via an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) to explore an option to rebadge a Sony A7-S5 (or other future A7-Sx-number camera model) containing a high-resolution/low-light capable Exmor sensor at 120 megapixels that comes WITH PIXEL SHIFT and which will have 8192 by 4320 pixels video capture at 60 fps using pixel binning.

It will ALSO HAVE have built-in 3D LIDAR AND SONAR scanning to allow scanning and capture of 3D Volumetric data of real world objects and real world interior/exterior spaces via fully wireless control from an iPhone/iPad/Laptop and via on-body manual controls! The camera body design aesthetic was viewed by the source as being very curvacious and ergonomic in typical Apple Minimalist design language with extensive software control and a weather-resistant/rugged construction.

This new Apple-branded camera is to be built to Apple design specifications in Thailand and is to be part of Apple's future 3D scanning system which IS ALSO TO BE PART OF APPLE'S future plastic resin and metal powder 3D printing ecosystem!

This rumor is from a secretive but well-trusted European-based electronics engineering source from December 2022 who has indicated that Apple has been working on the research and development of very fast multi-color/multi-material plastic resin AND metal-powder-deposition 3D printers since 2014!

To support the 3D printing ecosystem, this new Apple-branded camera, while perfectly capable for high-end still photography and cinema/video production, has been specifically designed and made for fast, high resolution real-time color scanning of 3D objects and 3D environments which will be used for BOTH Apple-based 3D printing and VR/AR product development!

The new very-ergonomic and highly simplified body design has ALREADY been selected and created by Apple designers and will compliment the design of current Apple offerings (i.e. simple form-factor body and easy-to-use!). No official product name has been offered but one internal Apple document was seen to have the codename of "Scopas" (i.e. named after an ancient Greek Sculptor and Artist) attached to the camera body design which DOES SEEM TO POINT on a logical basis to 3D printing!

This camera will support interchangeable lenses which will PROBABLY be rebadged Sony G-Master lenses! The Apple 3D printers are supposed to be the very fastest 3D printers around using multi-material and multi-color 3D printing with three versions being developed! TWO printers will be for at-home/small-office use and can print at the volumetric sizes of 400 mm by 400 mm by 400 mm cubic volume and a 800 mm by 800 mm by 800 mm cubic volume set of 3D metal powder and plastic resin printers and a much larger INDUSTRIAL SCALE 1.5 meter by 1.5 meter by 1.5 meter set of 3D metal and plastic printers.

Raw plastic and powdered metal materials are being sourced from around the world and will be Apple-branded with easy-to-replace cartridges that allow for LONG print jobs of larger items and multiple runs of smaller items! The first Apple product test-printed in December 2022 was an advanced-cushioning-design 3D printed multi-color running shoes with multiple Apple logos imprinted on them which was seen to be worn by an Apple engineer within a high-security Apple lab-space.

These products will be one of many designs within an EXPANDED Apple Store that will have multiple categories for curated consumer and and commercial 3D product designs uploaded by individuals and companies that will be made available for sale!

The CURRENT RUMOR is to have the 3D printers manufactured in a USA-based facility in Nevada OR Utah that are currently being scouted for land purchase and upcoming construction. The new Apple camera MAY be introduced/announced at the 2024 developers conference for public sale BEFORE Christmas Season 2024. The camera will NOT be cheap to buy and will be more expensive than the Sony A7-Sx model it is based upon and the lenses will be similarly expensive due to the support for 3D LIDAR/SONAR data scanning built into the camera body itself.

The 3D printers are in current development as of June 2023 BUT a software 3D printing API WAS SEEN as part of an unreleased iPad app by an outside developer in December 2022 which means development is further along for Apple-based 3D printing than we originally thought!

It is currently believed that 2025 is when we will see the FIRST Apple-branded 3D printer announcement! It is also thought that the new Apple Vision Pro VR/AR glasses might have been part of this research and development into the MUCH LARGER PROFIT-LEVEL MARKET of on-demand plastic resin and metal powder fast-3D-printing segment which might go past $100 Billion USD per year starting around 2025!

An easy-to-use design and modeling tool for CAD/CAM/FEA/Simulation was bought from a 3rd party and expanded to Apple specifications which is to be released alongside the 3D printers! This software is supposed to be easy-to-use Final Cut Pro-like software but made for for 3D CAD/CAM/FEA/Simulation (i.e. Apple's version of CATIA but at a MUCH cheaper price!)

TLDR: New 120 Megapixel Stills/8K-Video camera coming from Apple as a rebadged/redesigned Sony A7-Sx series possibly in 2024 AND new Apple-branded plastic resin and metal-powder 3D printer hardware and 3D design software coming in 2025.

Now You Know!

V
Always good to hear from you, Harry. I look forward to your next post.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Always good to hear from you, Harry. I look forward to your next post.
This post is regarding the Memorandum of Understanding sent between Apple and Sony which is TYPICAL of such large size companies. The MOU does NOT legally bind either party to an actual contract BUT does allow for access to specific intellectual property which allows both parties to evaluate whether or not they actually WANT to enter into long-term contracts to exchange and/or purchase intellectual property and/or enter into any manufacturing agreements.

Other engineering and financial agency sources I have access to ALSO have said that Apple is shopping for a Camera and Lens maker to go into large format image sensor smartphones and DSLR-like 3D video and 3D data scanning systems. ALSO within the last few years, MarkForged (i.e. a US-based 3D printer maker) was being looked at for an outright purchase AND MAY STILL BE outright purchased by Apple! In addition, A Vancouver, Canada based 3D metal printing manufacturing company RAPIDIA is ALSO being looked at by Apple now for an outright purchase!

Apple has done these MOUs before with multiple other companies INCLUDING such vaunted entities as Canon, IBM, LG, Samsung, etc. At one point in time, Apple was even thinking of BUYING all of Canon just for its patent portfolio in microelectronics design, CMOS imaging sensors, plus lens and camera body manufacturing expertise. The Canon deal was originally estimated to be in the range of $60 Billion+ US Dollars which Apple actually has the full cash amount to do such a deal. Today in 2023, the market cap of Canon is $26 Billion USD and Apple is ONE OF THE FEW COMPANIES in the world that the Japanese government would actually POLITICALLY ALLOW to buy all of Canon! At one point in time, Apple ALSO wanted to buy all of Sony which is a much larger company than Canon in an all-Cash deal!

Sony right now is tentatively looking at buying SIGMA for its lens manufacturing expertise and the stacked RGB FOVEON sensor patents it has! It's now a free-for-all within multiple big-media-and-tech-manufacturing companies looking at devouring each other in monster-sized acquisition and merger deals!

If the Activision/Blizzard deal with Microsoft falls through due to FTC (Federal Trade Commission) anti-trust concerns, THERE IS ANOTHER RUMOR that Microsoft may take a HARD LOOK at Buying ALL of Disney and merging the xBox store with all the online and multimedia content of Disney! Microsoft is currently working on AND HAS ACTUAL PROTOTYPES OF BOTH a Three-Display-Output 4K resolution-per-display 120 fps X-Box AND an 8K resolution per display three-display-output 120 fps X-Box using custom AMD Ryzen-5/7/9 series processsing cores that combine a CPU with GPU chips into one processor! We will be seeing $750+ USD to $1100+ USD X-Boxes soon enough!

I have known for quite some time about Apple-branded large CMOS sensor phones that have ultra high resolution (50 to 120 MP+) with 2/3rds inch and larger up to to APS-C sized image sensors, AND also their forays into making ultra-fast-printing 3D metal powder and multi-colour plastic resin 3D printers but it seems Apple is going faster than ever to get such items to market. My source has quite the electronics engineering portfolio so I will give them that due respect of their semi-Apple-insider-knowledge which is WHY I am espousing these posts on CanonRumors!

V

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Harry, do you have any more news on their 5-5000mm f/1.2 Tardis lens? (For those who don't know, a Tardis is dimensionally transcendental, meaning it's bigger on the inside than the outside, so externally the supertele is the same size as a 24-105 f/4. It also has fluolite lenses that are both completely achromatic and have close to zero weight).

Upvote 0
Harry, do you have any more news on their 5-5000mm f/1.2 Tardis lens? (For those who don't know, a Tardis is dimensionally transcendental, meaning it's bigger on the inside than the outside, so externally the supertele is the same size as a 24-105 f/4. It also has fluolite lenses that are both completely achromatic and have close to zero weight).
That's "Transdimensional Engineering" ... if you want to watch the explanation:

Which Box is Bigger!

That said, it IS possible to make a 5 to 5000 mm lens using a combination of movable photosite microlenses and LAYERED ACTIVE DEFORMATION polymer lense elements! The company I work for is currently working on AND HAS WORKING DEPLOYED VERSIONS of such multi-zoom lenses out to 9600 mm equivalent used in Aerospace applications!

V

Upvote 0
Nope! I'm fully human .... AND at least ONE of my prognostications over the last 8 years or so HAS BEEN ACCURATE, especially when I showcased a PDF brochure file originally seen and displayed at Northlight Images UK was brought over to CanonRumors about the Canon C700x camera WHICH EVENTUALLY did come out as the much more boxy Canon C700 FF and GS (Global Shutter) cinema cameras. So it looks like at least ONE of my predictions/source info SOMEHOW and EVENTUALLY did come TRUE!

I expect within a few years this source material about Apple and Sony on a new high end 120 MP camera AND 3D printers WILL be proven to be correct! For now, I will give my source(s) SOME DUE RESPECT due to previous info given on other subjects over the years. This means I am treating this "rumour" as BETTER THAN AVERAGE to GREAT as a current and future prognostication onto what Sony and Apple are doing together!

AND for a ANOTHER interesting APPLE rumour, I have STILL been hearing some ripples in the financial community that Apple wants to buy some or all of TI (Texas Instruments) to get access to their Digital Signal processor technology for video, audio and 3D LIDAR/SONAR signal processors intellectual property AND are also looking at buying Micron to get access to NAND chip for storage drive and DRAM memory manufacturing muscle. Apple ALSO wants some US-based manufacturing for their processors and storage systems. BOTH Micron and Texas Instruments DO HAVE US-based factories they could us for manufacturing M2/M3 superchips, NAND-based SSD drive chips and DRAM on US soil!

It's gonna be a GREAT two years to see what all these big tech behomoths are doing in terms of mergers and acquisitions! For me at least, a high-end 120 megapixel 3D-scanning stills/video camera MAKES sense for Apple to bring out by using SONY as an OEM/ODM due to their recent VR/AR headset introduction. A 3D scanning camera would make virtual world and 3D VR/AR apps development so much easier for end-users and developers! It would ALSO FIT VERY WELL into a future Apple-branded plastic resin and metal powder 3D printer ecosystem!

ANYWAYS, this very human soothsayer says Sayonara til NEXT TIME when I start talking about 120 megapixel APS-C size BAYER-pattern and RGB stacked FOVEON image sensors coming to smartphones within one to two years AND start reminding users that my prognostication of Sony buying Sigma for the Foveon Sensor and Lens-making expertise WILL LIKELY COME TRUE!

Remember! YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST !!!

V

Upvote 0