1 Light Setup Video

fstoparmy

EOS M50
Jun 25, 2013
www.youtube.com
RLPhoto said:
Why shoot on a tripod? Just curious.

hey bud :)
i did some reading a while back and it stated that you can get a sharper image using a tripod then using hand held. Ive also seen a few videos / tutorials on youtube that stated the same thing. Plus shooting on a tripod, my hands are more free (and I dont have to hold the lens and body in my hands all the time)

fstoparmy

EOS M50
Jun 25, 2013
www.youtube.com
robertbanksoz said:
Nice vid. Its been a while since you posted something up. Interesting use of the tripod l

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the video :)
It has been a while since Ive made one, life is just bizzy at times hehehee

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Nice video fstoparmy. Glad to see some of your work posted on the forum.

robertbanksoz

I'm New Here
Jul 1, 2013
fstoparmy said:
robertbanksoz said:
Nice vid. Its been a while since you posted something up. Interesting use of the tripod l

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the video :)
It has been a while since Ive made one, life is just bizzy at times hehehee

Any word on when your next tut is coming out? I find them quiet infomative

cayenne

EOS R6
CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I enjoyed the video...very informative, and I love it when folks show the diagram describing the lighting and model placement!!

One thing that struck me, and is just constructive criticism (coming from a total noob mind you), is that the B&W pic you showed, to me...seemed to have an almost plastic, unrealistic look...and you then mentioned you'd used a bit of skin softener.

I wonder what that shot would look like with less skin softening? Maybe do a version with a bit less and post them side by side on this thread?

Anyway, that was the only thing that caught my eye as a little odd looking..but again, enjoy the video and showing the shoot over all!!

cayenne

fstoparmy

EOS M50
Jun 25, 2013
www.youtube.com
cayenne said:
I enjoyed the video...very informative, and I love it when folks show the diagram describing the lighting and model placement!!

One thing that struck me, and is just constructive criticism (coming from a total noob mind you), is that the B&W pic you showed, to me...seemed to have an almost plastic, unrealistic look...and you then mentioned you'd used a bit of skin softener.

I wonder what that shot would look like with less skin softening? Maybe do a version with a bit less and post them side by side on this thread?

Anyway, that was the only thing that caught my eye as a little odd looking..but again, enjoy the video and showing the shoot over all!!

cayenne

thanks for the feedback champ :)
once i get home from work, ill post up a before and after. Now that you say it, i think your probably right (and i hate the look of plastic), but when i look at the full res version, it does show a little skin texture.

But thanks again for the feedback, and i will post up the pics :)