14 Bit HDR RAW Video on 5D Mark II: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

flowers said:
Looks good! How did you do the slowmotion parts, did you use twixtor or just go below 24p? The 5dii only does 30p, 30->24p is not much slower! In any case it looked good, I didn't see anything that looked bad on first (and only) viewing.

Thanks! I shot on 25fps and used twixtor as you assumed correctly. I'm glade you didn't discover any warping, thanks for the feedback! :)

take care
Basilius

Upvote 0
F

flowers

Basilius said:
flowers said:
Looks good! How did you do the slowmotion parts, did you use twixtor or just go below 24p? The 5dii only does 30p, 30->24p is not much slower! In any case it looked good, I didn't see anything that looked bad on first (and only) viewing.

Thanks! I shot on 25fps and used twixtor as you assumed correctly. I'm glade you didn't discover any warping, thanks for the feedback! :)

take care
Basilius

If there was any, it didn't stand out on first viewing which is the whole point, so well done! You were smart to make the really slow parts very short so there's no time to catch any warping. :) I don't know if I had tired eyes when watching but I really saw nothing. :)

edit: okay I watched it a second time, now the warping is obvious... haha. I don't know if I was just tired or if your video was captivating enough for me not to notice the first time around but either way I think it's not bad. After the second viewing I'd suggest: get a 7d for 60p for slower slomo, don't slow down so much and when you do make it even shorter. :)

Upvote 0
flowers said:
Basilius said:
flowers said:

take care
Basilius

If there was any, it didn't stand out on first viewing which is the whole point, so well done! You were smart to make the really slow parts very short so there's no time to catch any warping. :)
Haha, Thanks! Yeah for most of the times Twixtor work surprisingly well!

flowers said:
edit: okay I watched it a second time, now the warping is obvious... haha. I don't know if I was just tired or if your video was captivating enough for me not to notice the first time around but either way I think it's not bad. After the second viewing I'd suggest: get a 7d for 60p for slower slomo, don't slow down so much and when you do make it even shorter. :)
60 fps RAW Video in full HD would be awesome! ;D

Upvote 0