1Dx mk2 B&H order status

I would like to thank B&H for keeping my order an extra 24 hours and wasting the 45 bucks I paid to have it shipped over night. As if dealing with their holidays werent enough...or them not even knowing they were getting the 1Dx the same day I called about the order then trying to charge me for it 2 hours later. I think I'll take the 30,000 ive spent over the past few years at B&H and give it to Adorama in the future since they are such halfasses at B&H and are closed on every Jewish Holiday that 99% of the world didnt even know was going on.

Upvote 0

Old Sarge

Canon Rumors Premium
Nov 6, 2012
brianftpc said:
I would like to thank B&H for keeping my order an extra 24 hours and wasting the 45 bucks I paid to have it shipped over night. As if dealing with their holidays werent enough...or them not even knowing they were getting the 1Dx the same day I called about the order then trying to charge me for it 2 hours later. I think I'll take the 30,000 ive spent over the past few years at B&H and give it to Adorama in the future since they are such halfasses at B&H and are closed on every Jewish Holiday that 99% of the world didnt even know was going on.
I usually buy from B&H but have done some business from Adorama and I thought they were also closed on the Holy Days. Has that changed?

Upvote 0

nvsravank

Canon Rumors Premium
Feb 2, 2012
For what its worth, My interaction with BH has been positive. Did they not know when it will be delivered on Sunday when i called, yes. Did they tell me they can send it out on Tuesday when i called again on Monday, yes.
You know what in a large company, the phone people might not be up on every single event that is happening. For us gear heads the coming of the much awaited 1DX Mark II might be big deal, but for the service desk, it is one of many big deals. I bet the shipment to them was not processed yet on Sunday. So i checked on Monday morning again. Lo and behold it was there! Did they get the stuff out as quickly as possible once they got the shipment - sending 1500 orders in a day with verifications also is a pretty fast turnaround!

I got it on Wednesday morning (I am in NJ so i don't need to pay for 1 day delivery and I rerouted it to a pickup point so that i got at at 9 AM sharp!).

I love BH and will continue to do business with them.

Upvote 0
brianftpc said:

Wow. It's a good thing you respect people that are different from you....

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Chisox.
At the risk of being contrary, respect is a two way street and if you take additional fees for a service you should respect the customer and fulfill that contract, I'd be annoyed in Brian's situation and I'd expect the additional fee to be reimbursed as they failed in their obligation to overnight it.

Cheers, Graham.

Chisox2335 said:
brianftpc said:

Upvote 0

nvsravank

Canon Rumors Premium
Feb 2, 2012
Hi Graham,
I don't know where you read that overnight was not honored. I feel that Brian paid for overnight to get it first, but is annoyed that BH was not the first to ship. So overnight shipping is wasted.
At least that is what I get from the tone.

Ps: I am just guessing. This internet story telling is great!
Valvebounce said:
Hi Chisox.
At the risk of being contrary, respect is a two way street and if you take additional fees for a service you should respect the customer and fulfill that contract, I'd be annoyed in Brian's situation and I'd expect the additional fee to be reimbursed as they failed in their obligation to overnight it.

Cheers, Graham.

Chisox2335 said:
brianftpc said:

Upvote 0
Frank1125 said:
I received word this morning from BH that the backordered battery is in and mine will ship today.

To Andrxw: I tend to always buy the SquareTrade warranty and did so with my 1DXM2 order. Knock on wood, haven't had to use it myself. But I never buy Extended Warranties for vehicles :)

Thanks Frank - I figured too, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Very true as well in regards to buying vehicle warranty; in all intensive purposes I'd be more willing to change a faulty/warn part on my car, but wouldn't fathom doing so on a camera.

I'll sit and wait patiently, I know B&H is doing the best they can. After all, they can't ship products that haven't even arrived from Canon anyways.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi nvsravank.
Ah so they overnighed it ok but did not dispatched for 24H, seems there is still a problem there but it is a more complex issue of notifying a customer that there will be a delay due to a Holy Day.
Seconded, this Internet story telling is great. Thanks for the alternate view.

Cheers, Graham.

nvsravank said:
Hi Graham,
I don't know where you read that overnight was not honored. I feel that Brian paid for overnight to get it first, but is annoyed that BH was not the first to ship. So overnight shipping is wasted.
At least that is what I get from the tone.

Ps: I am just guessing. This internet story telling is great!
Valvebounce said:
Hi Chisox.

Cheers, Graham.

Chisox2335 said:
brianftpc said:

Upvote 0

ERHP

Canon Rumors Premium
May 9, 2013
San Diego
erhp.smugmug.com
Mine shipped from B&H Tuesday and arrived Wednesday morning. Finally getting some good light this afternoon so going out to compare it against two days of mostly cloudy shooting.

As an aside, I ordered a spare battery and a Lexar 128GB CFast card last Tuesday(26APR) from Adorama as the B&H site wasn't accepting orders. The 128GB card arrived 05MAY and the battery has been shipped but not supposed to arrive until Monday. Kinda glad the camera arrived with a card.

Upvote 0
Any of you had any problems with the SquareTrade?
I ordered the 1DxII on 2/2 and the square trade at the same time.
I got the camera on 5/4, but the square trade started on 2/8.
It also gets me upset that on 2/2 the SquareTrade cost $579.
on 5/5 the price was $509. So not only did I loose 3 months I also lost $70.
I sent them a cancellation notice on 5/5, but have yet to reply to me.

Upvote 0