2 ND. Snow in 2014 at my home

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Dear Friends.
Yes 2 days ago was the 2 nd. snow in my home town, just 2-5 inches only, But in Apex, North Carolina are not the snow or super cold are , Just this year.
Past 2 days, all school in NC. are closed.
Yes, I just grab my new toy Canon EOS-M with 22 mm M lens F/ 2.0 and shoot around my home and my yards.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Attachments

• S-1.jpg
    S-1.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 1,940
  • S-9.jpg
    S-9.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 1,989
  • S-11.jpg
    S-11.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,933
  • S-12.jpg
    S-12.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 1,959
Here in the Florida Panhandle, 233 miles of Interstate 10 are shut down (Tallahassee to Florida/Alabama state line) and it didn't even snow - we just had a tiny bit of ice! At least it will be in the mid-70s this weekend.

You're house looks great, though I'm guessing those solar panels aren't generating too much electricity ;). It looks like the kids are having fun doing donuts in your street at least :)

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Thankssssss, To all of my friends.
Yes, I North Carolina, the Place where we live, just 2-3 time per year of 2-4 inches snow. After the local TV stations call for the snow next 2 days, All the Milk and Breads on the shelfs of grocery stores are gone. And the first 1/2 snow on the road = 3000+ Car accidents with in 2-4 hours-----Ha, Ha, Ha, That Include SUV= 4 wheel drive too.
No, We are the southerners, who do not know how to drive on the Ice and snow----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have Fun.
Surapon

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Mr Surapon.
This reminded me of the day we went to see friends in Birmingham (uk) and I looked out he window and it had started snowing, when we got to the motorway, 3 lane highway there were 2 lanes in use with quite large bunds of snow between each lane. We were all doing a steady 30-40 mph, then whoosh we were showered in snow as this stupid hooray Henry in his brand new Range Rover goes down the third lane through the deep snow at about 60-70 mph, he may have had 4 wheel drive, but we all got 4 wheel brakes and 2 tons has so much more kinetic energy at twice the sensible speed! Didn't see him stacked up somewhere but it wouldn't have surprised me to find he was a statistic.
BTW I have a fair idea about the benefits of 4wd as I use one off road and in snow and ice, that guy was pushing his luck! Sorry no pics, too busy driving!

Cheers Graham.

surapon said:
Yes, I North Carolina, the Place where we live, just 2-3 time per year of 2-4 inches snow. After the local TV stations call for the snow next 2 days, All the Milk and Breads on the shelfs of grocery stores are gone. And the first 1/2 snow on the road = 3000+ Car accidents with in 2-4 hours-----Ha, Ha, Ha, That Include SUV= 4 wheel drive too.
No, We are the southerners, who do not know how to drive on the Ice and snow----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have Fun.
Surapon

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
surapon said:
Have Fun.
Surapon

The issue is that even a experienced snow driver will be in trouble because of all those other cars that have inexperienced drivers. The snow is probably wetter, heavier, and slippery compared to Minnesota where they get a lot of dry snow that just blows off the road as you drive. We've been having that dry snow as well, about a foot over 3 days. It blows off the road as you drive, but right now, we are having near zero temperatures, with high winds, and its drifting which can be very bad. Fortunately, the main highways are clear, and likely to remain clear until a warm wet front hits that -10F air.

Upvote 0
Feb 1, 2013
surapon said:
Dear Friends.
Yes 2 days ago was the 2 nd. snow in my home town, just 2-5 inches only, But in Apex, North Carolina are not the snow or super cold are , Just this year.
Past 2 days, all school in NC. are closed.
Yes, I just grab my new toy Canon EOS-M with 22 mm M lens F/ 2.0 and shoot around my home and my yards.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Nice shots, but your thermostat is set on 77??? Wow...just wow. Somebody needs to learn to embrace winter a little more! :p

On the night it got down to 3 below zero here (Jan 30), I went out for about 25 minutes shooting some night shots in my yard, with the mere 2 inches of snow cover...of my favorite oak tree. The neighbor's heatpumps were running nonstop off in the distance...but mine was not...because I had my thermostat turned down a lot...and the woodstove heat was keeping the temp above that level...thankfully. My power bill was still on the high side for January, though!

I wore insulated gloves, but took one off to work the camera...felt like needles all over my hand! There was no wind, it was very peaceful and quiet...no wild animals making sounds (such as owls) either, because they either stayed inside their nests, or else froze to death! Hopefully the former...

The 6D performed like it was 70 degrees, though.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
mackguyver said:
Here in the Florida Panhandle, 233 miles of Interstate 10 are shut down (Tallahassee to Florida/Alabama state line) and it didn't even snow - we just had a tiny bit of ice! At least it will be in the mid-70s this weekend.

You're house looks great, though I'm guessing those solar panels aren't generating too much electricity ;). It looks like the kids are having fun doing donuts in your street at least :)

Thanks, Dear Friend Mr. mackguyvermackguyver.
Better to shut down when Icy Interstate , than wait for the big Accidents as Atlanta----Sad Story.
Thanks you , Sir. No, On the Top of my Solarium are not Solar Panel, Just Big skylights on the South facing = For Passive solar heat gain, heat the solarium floor ( 1 foot thick concrete slab for heat storage), and fan force the heat to heat all the house's area.
Yes, When we drive in the cu-de-sac, We make the big donuts too---Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great work week.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
unfocused said:
You guys call that snow?

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear Friend, unfocused
Yes, I original from Thailand " You guys call that snow? "---And our home country = 80 to 110 Degree " F " most of the year, When we see just 2-4 Inches of snow like this---Yes, That the White stuff from the heaven, And We must go to buy 3 Gallons of Milk, 4 -5 Breads----Ha, Ha, Ha, Plus fill up the gas in all cars and trucks.
Yes, Crazy Southerners.
Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0