5DM3 for video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gene_can_sing

For Video, it definitely a BIG LETDOWN. No clean HDMI, I've read from early reports that it's STILL NOT true 1080p. Better than the up-res'd 720p on the current 5D2, but still soft even when compared to the $900 Panasonic GH2. Also, no 1080p 60 fps? WTF?!?!? Isn't this 2012?

I guess I will have to wait for the 4K C-VDSLR.

Plus, no Flip-Screen is a BIG NO NO for video. It makes doing odd angles so much easier. Which kind of confounds me about still photographers. Do stills guys only do straight on shots? Do stills guys not do interesting angles? The Flip Screen is absolutely needed for composing strange and off angles. I guess Cinematographers are just more of an adventurous bunch.

Please come out the C-VDSLR soon. I'm really tired of waiting Canon. You've made the video people wait a long time, and we are still waiting.

Upvote 0
Re: Is the 5DM3 better for video?

Axilrod said:
See there's your mistake, thinking that the fact that he had a C300 made ANY difference in the story whatsoever. In video the story is 100x more important than the camera. You can't just give someone an Alexa and expect that to make the story, it absolutely will not. People would much rather see a good movie with lower resolution than some piece of garbage shot on a really high end camera.

I think my point was two fold: 1. Take a cheap shot at an overrated photographer. 2. Point out that he is criticizing (on specs alone) a camera that he hasn't used.

As to your point: On a personal level I could not agree with you more, but I'm not convinced the general public feels this way.

I watched "Downton Abbey" over the weekend, and I swear this show would not be as popular without the Alexa. That camera makes each scene interesting because of the color and detail. Have you seen it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.